Summer League thread

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I started looking through some of the stats, and I found it interesting that Romano is playing catcher. I figured that he would take over at 3rd, but either way, he needs to be on the field next year.

I also saw where Lovett is playing on the same team and is off to a good start. He was a very highly rated OF and I think he has a good shot at the CF job.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you think we keep him? I hope so but have heard third-hand he was less than thrilled with playing time this past season playing behind a .260's hitter in CF and an error-prone K-king in RF...
I'm sure Deleo expected to play more but to say Reid was error prone is not quite accurate. He is listed with only one error on the year which is the same Deleo had in many fewer chances. Also Reid had 16 HRs and 63 RBI and he hit .333. That bat wasn't leaving the lineup. He also struck out much less than in previous seasons and actually struck out less than both Borden and Jenkins. Now CF is a different matter. I can see why maybe he should have gotten a shot there.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
He played 4 years at Emory (including Covid) so didn't the clock start when he started school and this last year was his "Covid" Senior year.
I don't see how he has eligibility left but he did have an injury in 2021 and could have petitioned for a medical exclusion since he missed so much of his season.
But wouldn't he have been listed as a Redshirt Junior last year if that was the case.

"Played the first six games in 2021 before being shut down for the remainder of the year with an injury…"

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was looking up summer stats in the New England baseball league and our guys have had some impressive showings. Lovett is hitting .273 with an even strikeout to walk ratio and Romano is hitting .311 with 21 SO to 17 BB.

On the pitching side, Finateri and Carwile both have mid 3 ERAs and good strikeout to walk ratios. Camron Hill has been absolutely dominant. He has a .69 ERA with 25 strikeouts to only 2 walks and is 4-0 with 2 saves. I'm expecting all 3 of these guys to make big strides next year.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I was looking up summer stats in the New England baseball league and our guys have had some impressive showings. Lovett is hitting .273 with an even strikeout to walk ratio and Romano is hitting .311 with 21 SO to 17 BB.

On the pitching side, Finateri and Carwile both have mid 3 ERAs and good strikeout to walk ratios. Camron Hill has been absolutely dominant. He has a .69 ERA with 25 strikeouts to only 2 walks and is 4-0 with 2 saves. I'm expecting all 3 of these guys to make big strides next year.
Great to see the success with GT pitchers playing elsewhere. Highly promising. Realizing they are not facing ACC caliber hitting but one has to wonder a bit about the pitch calling/coaching at GT - really need to see improved GT Pitching coaching next season...

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Great to see the success with GT pitchers playing elsewhere. Highly promising. Realizing they are not facing ACC caliber hitting but one has to wonder a bit about the pitch calling/coaching at GT - really need to see improved GT Pitching coaching next season...
I prefer to think that their success in the summer leagues is because of the coaching they have been getting at Tech and hopefully that carries over into next year. Also, if I'm not mistaken, most of those summer leagues use wooden bats and that might account for some of the improvement as well.