Summer League thread

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Campbell has played really well, I'm crossing my fingers he isn't portal bound.
What makes you think he could be portal bound? This was a redshirt year for him allowing him to practice and get stronger. I have no doubt he will be given every chance to win the starting job next year. If he can't beat out Jackson and anyone else competing for the job, then what are we really losing?

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
What makes you think he could be portal bound? This was a redshirt year for him allowing him to practice and get stronger. I have no doubt he will be given every chance to win the starting job next year. If he can't beat out Jackson and anyone else competing for the job, then what are we really losing?
He's been playing in the summer league since before the regional. He didn't travel to Knoxville. He didn't get a shot when Simpson got hurt, and other FR did.

It's speculation, but I think it's grounded.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
He's been playing in the summer league since before the regional. He didn't travel to Knoxville. He didn't get a shot when Simpson got hurt, and other FR did.

It's speculation, but I think it's grounded.
Embrace the "concept" of the portal. It's opportunity to upgrade at every position. Works both ways. Don't worry about guys transferring... if they choose to chase greener grass... then we can "believe" our roster next year will be chock full of more Malloys & Bordens & Simpsons.

I say that with a little upchuck in my mouth. Don't like the "concept" but nobody consulted me.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Embrace the "concept" of the portal. It's opportunity to upgrade at every position. Works both ways. Don't worry about guys transferring... if they choose to chase greener grass... then we can "believe" our roster next year will be chock full of more Malloys & Bordens & Simpsons.

I say that with a little upchuck in my mouth. Don't like the "concept" but nobody consulted me.

Agree that IIWII with the portal. Better for the players overall. But makes college baseball more like moneyball. Something gained and something lost.

WIthout Chandler / portal, I don't think we would have made the NCAAs this year. The same can probably be said of many other teams. It increases the parity of college baseball. Or said another way, any team is more likely to win on any given day with the portal (used effectively) than without.