Summer Baseball Assignments

65Jacket

GT Athlete
We are really in the dark about who is playing where. And are Willingham and Johnboy going to play for us next year.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
We are really in the dark about who is playing where. And are Willingham and Johnboy going to play for us next year.

I found Barron Radcliff on Cape Cod Falmouth roster.
Willingham for sure is signing his MLB per his twitter page.
Unknown about Johnathan Hughes if he returns for 5th yr redshirt (did he graduate?)
Where is Barlow and Roedig?
Someone mentioned on a a post in one of these baseball threads about 2018 freshman disgruntled and might not come back. I wonder who they were talking about?
Shirah? Barlow? Roedig? or position players?

Then I just read this upcoming season MIGHT be Danny Hall last.
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2...ns-at-georgia-tech-ncaa-baseball-golf-us-open

My opinion is GT baseball is always tight lip and you've got to be a social media sleuth to find out what the hell is going. lol

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Barlow and Roedig are on the Macon Bacon CPL roster. According to Macon’s page Roedig has 1 appearance, going 4.1 IP, 2 H, 4 ER, 6BB, 6 K. Which is similar to games he threw this spring. Walks killed him.
Barlow has 3 appearances, 4 IP, 1 H, 0R, 6K. Pretty impressive for a guy that didn’t get a lot of innings this year.

It’s a bit odd that GT Baseball’s official page hasn’t made these public. Don’t know of any others besides Cam Turley, who was announced to go to Charlottesville with Friedman and Crawford, but I can’t find any stats for him.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I found Barron Radcliff on Cape Cod Falmouth roster.
Willingham for sure is signing his MLB per his twitter page.
Unknown about Johnathan Hughes if he returns for 5th yr redshirt (did he graduate?)
Where is Barlow and Roedig?
Someone mentioned on a a post in one of these baseball threads about 2018 freshman disgruntled and might not come back. I wonder who they were talking about?
Shirah? Barlow? Roedig? or position players?

Then I just read this upcoming season MIGHT be Danny Hall last.
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2...ns-at-georgia-tech-ncaa-baseball-golf-us-open

My opinion is GT baseball is always tight lip and you've got to be a social media sleuth to find out what the hell is going. lol
He was talking about the freshmen who received no playing time which would probably be Miller, Friedman, etc.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Barlow and Roedig are on the Macon Bacon CPL roster. According to Macon’s page Roedig has 1 appearance, going 4.1 IP, 2 H, 4 ER, 6BB, 6 K. Which is similar to games he threw this spring. Walks killed him.
Barlow has 3 appearances, 4 IP, 1 H, 0R, 6K. Pretty impressive for a guy that didn’t get a lot of innings this year.

It’s a bit odd that GT Baseball’s official page hasn’t made these public. Don’t know of any others besides Cam Turley, who was announced to go to Charlottesville with Friedman and Crawford, but I can’t find any stats for him.
I really like Barlow. Seems like he has excellent control and pounds the zone. I definitely want to see more of him and Brace next year. Maybe they can even both crack the rotation which would allow Hughes and Bartnicki to be the closers.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know if Archer will be back next year. I don't recall seeing him on the roster anymore, which I believe others have stayed on the roster even when they were out due to injury. Andy was a huge loss for us this year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know if Archer will be back next year. I don't recall seeing him on the roster anymore, which I believe others have stayed on the roster even when they were out due to injury. Andy was a huge loss for us this year.
Archer will be back. The reason he wasn’t on the roster after his injury was because it occurred before the deadline to post the official 35 man roster. Mannelly, Miller, Hurter, etc. stayed on the roster because they were already on it when the season started. He should be close to, if not back to, 100% by early Feb. because he didn’t get a full Tommy John repair. Mannelly and Hurter will likely miss the entirety of next season unfortunately.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I decided to look up some stats again today and the guys are performing well.

Brace went 8 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 1 BB and 4 K. He is going to be a starter next year. That is back to back 8 IP 0 R games.

Bartnicki went 3.1 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 0 BB and 7 K. He is now 2-0 with 1 save out of the bullpen in 3 appearances. Has only given up the 1 run.

Roedig is 1-0 in 2 starts (9.1 IP) and has a 3.8 ERa with 12 Ks.

Incoming freshman Andrew Jenkins is hitting .296 and another incoming freshman Drew Compton is hitting .385.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
How tough is the competition in the Sunbelt League? Brace, Jenkins and Compton all play for Brookhaven in that league.
I'm honestly not sure, but I don't care who you're playing against, those stats speak for themselves.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
How tough is the competition in the Sunbelt League? Brace, Jenkins and Compton all play for Brookhaven in that league.
The Sunbelt usually isn’t full of top notch talent. The Cape is by far the best, then the Northwoods and CPL are pretty similar, with the NW probably having a slight edge. The NECBL is probably next, with a lot of mid-major guys and Power 5 guys that need playing time. The Sunbelt is typically for local kids playing at all different levels in college. Not many schools send kids to play in the Sunbelt unless they request to go there, or are from Georgia going to school away from home.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
The Sunbelt usually isn’t full of top notch talent. The Cape is by far the best, then the Northwoods and CPL are pretty similar, with the NW probably having a slight edge. The NECBL is probably next, with a lot of mid-major guys and Power 5 guys that need playing time. The Sunbelt is typically for local kids playing at all different levels in college. Not many schools send kids to play in the Sunbelt unless they request to go there, or are from Georgia going to school away from home.

Again thank you for all your insight @JacketOff , I knew the Cape was the hardest in terms of level, but I had no idea about the other leagues.
I just came across this info while searching USA baseball for my boys to watch when we go NC. It appears that the CPL league will face off the against USA baseball in a showcase.
And the CPL league has "selected" their own players from their 16 teams.
I spy a GT pitcher.
https://www.coastalplain.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/releases/20190621pqninr
https://www.usabaseball.com/team-usa/collegiate-national-team/roster

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Again thank you for all your insight @JacketOff , I knew the Cape was the hardest in terms of level, but I had no idea about the other leagues.
I just came across this info while searching USA baseball for my boys to watch when we go NC. It appears that the CPL league will face off the against USA baseball in a showcase.
And the CPL league has "selected" their own players from their 16 teams.
I spy a GT pitcher.
https://www.coastalplain.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/releases/20190621pqninr
https://www.usabaseball.com/team-usa/collegiate-national-team/roster
I’m glad you mentioned team USA. I forgot about them. It’s comprised of mostly the top 50 college prospects in the country. The next pile of draft prospects go to the Cape.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
Waddell repping the Red, White, and Blue this summer!

Team USA beat the CPL Select team 4-0 yesterday. Waddell was 1-4 for USA. Roedig pitched 1 inning for Select giving up no hits and striking out 1!

USA starts a series against the Cuban national team today. What a way to spend the Summer!