Sugar Bowl

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If Washington wins, it will be interesting to see if the Michigan defensive line can put him on the ground. He is quick in small spaces, but not very fast.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Ive been all over these games today. Michigan looked better than Alabama, but their ST were ruining the season. Gotta fix that first the next game.

Washington looks better than Texas right now and they also had a ST flub that cost them 7.
UM - UW would be a good game, defense vs offense. I tend to believe that defense wins that matchup most of the time.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
TX is fortunate to be tied at halftime IMO. If Washington guy doesn’t muff the punt they’d be sitting better. Also, two chances to get one yard. Don’t get why teams don’t go under center in those situations instead of running the shotgun.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
This Penix kid is pretty amazing. 255 yards on 11/14. Throws a beautiful deep ball, elusive in the pocket with a fast release. I’m impressed.
I feel like Washington is the most complete team. Penix is great and their D is good enough. This game with Tx is gonna be a shootout but if the huskies can sneak by, I think they take Michigan

Of course, if history is my teacher, my “feels” mean Washington is toast. :ROFLMAO:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Coaches make odd decisions. Washington up 6 with 2:55 to go on the Texas 12 yard line. Washing calls a pass play and QB is pressured so QB throws ball away. Clock stops. Saved Texas a TO. Washington kicks FG to go up 9.

Bad use of clock.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Coaches make odd decisions. Washington up 6 with 2:55 to go on the Texas 12 yard line. Washing calls a pass play and QB is pressured so QB throws ball away. Clock stops. Saved Texas a TO. Washington kicks FG to go up 9.

Bad use of clock.
Don’t mind the call… gotta keep it in penix hands. That said, he needs to know he’s better off sliding or even taking a short loss sack there

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
On a serious note, both Michigan and Washington figured out unique ways to keep their opponents in the game when they otherwise might have been able to cruise to victories.

Hope the championship will see both teams at their best.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
On a serious note, both Michigan and Washington figured out unique ways to keep their opponents in the game when they otherwise might have been able to cruise to victories.

Hope the championship will see both teams at their best.
Makes one wonder if the bye week will be a disadvantage next year. After a layoff, the winner of round one gets a chance to work the kinks out.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So SEC teams and future SEC teams are overrated. Meanwhile uga is ready to be crowned national champions.

😊

Heh. Can't wait to hear the logical(sic) explanation of their claim. Gotta get started propping up the shell of an FSU team they beat tho. I'm sure BSPN will help them in their cause.

After all, as I always say, it's the SEC ... it just means mor(ons)e.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Heh. Can't wait to hear the logical(sic) explanation of their claim. Gotta get started propping up the shell of an FSU team they beat tho. I'm sure BSPN will help them in their cause.

After all, as I always say, it's the SEC ... it just means mor(ons)e.
I wish I could start a separate thread for a topic that is more general, but I’ve learned that no one will see it.

Here goes…..

Is not having an SEC team (or future team) in the championship a good thing for college football?

Or, is the fact that a B1G team (and future B1G team) were in the championship still a bad thing for college football?

It seems bad that we were stuck with having to have either conference in the playoffs but feels like it would have been worse if SEC was in the final.

Thoughts ?