Student Season Tickets / Student Attendance

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad to hear that"some students" aren't apathetic. So, you're saying these students may become interested?
No what im saying is that some students love sports and have friends that love sports or family members tht do. They may want to come to games and sit in the student section with their friends. The students that they know could care less about going to a game... Could work out something with them o where they could get their unused ticket to someone who will use it.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Letting students bring guests into the blocks could definitely improve attendance. Right now, you can only buy guest tickets for the South end zone if all the free tickets haven't been claimed.

Plenty of flasks are still making past security, I assure you.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
If they are finding the flask, the students aren't too smart. I had lots of stretched out dress socks because of GT games.

Getting students to show up is simple: free food or better yet a free soda (mixer) only valid before the game. It can be a coupon or something on the tickets or distributed separately.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need more students at the games. That is easy to say. I like the idea of free drinks and food before the game for students.

But part of the problem is that we aren't that good at beating teams ranked better than we are ranked. We need more enthusiasm. The question is how to get it. CPJ is as good as any coach we have had since Dodd and O'Leary. But CPJ AND the AA don't sell the product very well.

Another part of the problem is that there is so much more to do in ATL than go to football games. If it were VT or even UVA, that would be another matter. I don't think engineers at any school are more enthusiastic about sports than other majors. It's just in the DNA .......

I'm watching the UVA / UNC baseball game now. The UVA stadium is filled and there are people on the grass. Of course UVA is #1 (for good reason), but our overall student body is apathetic about sports.

On game times, ESPN calls the shots since they give us like $18M a year for broadcast rights. That's only fair.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
... The students that they know could care less about going to a game... Could work out something with them o where they could get their unused ticket to someone who will use it.
So, "The students that they know" are not apathetic and may become interested?

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
So, "The students that they know" are not apathetic and may become interested?
They are apathetic and dont care to watch football and/or bball. But still get their student tickets with their tuition. Those people should be able to loan out their student ID for a few hours and sell the ticket to a non-student that wants to be in the stadium with the student section. Friends of friends type of deal... Frat brothers or dormmates of the person who knows somebody who wants a ticket. Lets be honest ,we dont have fans begging to get a ticket to our games. If you can tag along with a friend and get a cheap/free ticket from 1 of his frat brothers... It makes it a little easier to get them in and MAYBE interested in coming to future games.