Still Alive

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I know we are all bummed about Saturday. However, we are still very much so alive. We all know a lot can still happen in the Coastal race.

I just hope the team does not get down on itself and fall into a losing streak. UNC went toe-to-toe with Notre Dame last weekend so I know it will be tough for us Saturday night.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Remaining schedules favors Duke. They have to lose two more league games to give us a realistic shot now that they own the tie breaker (assuming we lose another conference game). That's what hurts the most in the loss. It's not the undefeated record, we were bound to lose at some point, it's the giving up the tie breaker to Duke.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Remaining schedules favors Duke. They have to lose two more league games to give us a realistic shot now that they own the tie breaker (assuming we lose another conference game). That's what hurts the most in the loss. It's not the undefeated record, we were bound to lose at some point, it's the giving up the tie breaker to Duke.
Duke will not beat UVA coming off a bye. UVA will beat the piss out of that team because they have a stout D-line and athletic and active defense. Advantage back to us.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
If Uva is good enough to beat the snot out of Duke, how are we supposed to beat them?
because I think our offense is a direct counter to Tenuta's style of defense, and their offense is a little mistake-prone.

It's all about matchups in college football, and we have our fair share of favorable matchups this season.

Duke in my opinion (not just saying this because we lost) was not such a favorable matchup given the scheduled bye, and senior experience.

texasjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We said this countless time in previous year about VT. I think we can still win it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Duke is 1-1 in Coastal. They will do good to go 2-2 in the next 4 Coastal.

We just need to win out in Coastal. All that matters now is UNC.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I haven't been able to watch a UVA game yet so I'm not certain what kind of personnel they have this year. I don't see us having a matchup advantage scheme wise vs UVA. Tenuta's schemes are usually aggressive at the point of attack. He may not blitz against us quite as much as he does vs a pro style. I'm betting he uses similar alignments to what we have seen. He will likely load the box with eight and put corners on islands. Expect his backers to crash down hard to stop our run and get to the qB on play action passes. Our WR's and JT will need to make them pay for loading the box. Same as every other game this year and UNC this week IMO.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't been able to watch a UVA game yet so I'm not certain what kind of personnel they have this year. I don't see us having a matchup advantage scheme wise vs UVA. Tenuta's schemes are usually aggressive at the point of attack. He may not blitz against us quite as much as he does vs a pro style. I'm betting he uses similar alignments to what we have seen. He will likely load the box with eight and put corners on islands. Expect his backers to crash down hard to stop our run and get to the qB on play action passes. Our WR's and JT will need to make them pay for loading the box. Same as every other game this year and UNC this week IMO.

Last year UVA played us in C-Ville with Jon Tenuta as DC, and we scored 35 points while amassing 5 Turnovers. We had large areas open by vacated blitzers that we were able to exploit. In his time at NC State (while not DC) we were able to score 28 and 31 I believe.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m also throwing UVA in the same dumpster I threw Pitt in a few weeks ago. They’ve really only beat Louisville and I don’t think they’re as good as some of y’all are making them out to be. Tenuta is their biggest advantage in that they’ll win games if they can get turnovers. Duke is the better team IMO but hopefully for our sake, the bye week gives them an advantage.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UVA being 3-0 is fine. We control that. Beat them and it doesn't matter.

I just can't see Duke beating UVA when UVA comes off a bye and I think UNC gets up and plays them. VT is not an easy out for coastal teams. Duke can easily lost those three games. GT is not out of this yet.

I posted on another site yesterday, I think if you look at the three remaining schedules you get:

GT: UNC, Pitt and UVA
Duke: UVA, VT, UNC and PITT
UVA: VT, MIA, UNC, Duke and Pitt?

I think people are crossed up thinking about Duke playing Wake and Cuse? while we play Clemson. Just becuase GT was able to beat VT doesn't mean that VT is an easy out either and I think our fans are discounting the fact we beat VT, Duke beat us, Duke will beat VT and that's simply not true.

Long way to go, but as long GT can manage to win the next three, I think GT will probably win the thing.