Still Alive

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
UVA being 3-0 is fine. We control that. Beat them and it doesn't matter.

I just can't see Duke beating UVA when UVA comes off a bye and I think UNC gets up and plays them. VT is not an easy out for coastal teams. Duke can easily lost those three games. GT is not out of this yet.

I posted on another site yesterday, I think if you look at the three remaining schedules you get:

GT: UNC, Pitt and UVA
Duke: UVA, VT, UNC and PITT
UVA: VT, MIA, UNC, Duke and Pitt?

I think people are crossed up thinking about Duke playing Wake and Cuse? while we play Clemson. Just becuase GT was able to beat VT doesn't mean that VT is an easy out either and I think our fans are discounting the fact we beat VT, Duke beat us, Duke will beat VT and that's simply not true.

Long way to go, but as long as GT can manage to win the next three, I think GT will probably win the thing.
Good way to look at it. If we win every other ACC game and someone else wins the Coastal then there will be no shame in it for us, the football gods will have done their work and some other team was more deserving of it all. Control what we can control and it will all work out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@mina......5 turnovers....was that good play by them or poor play by us? I honestly don't recall. We did rack up a mile of yards against them. I hope you are correct on this one.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't be surprised if we won the Coastal with 2 loses. What it comes down to is that the Coastal this year is like the NL East: none of the teams is all that super and none of them have made a claim on winning it outright yet. All Tech has to do is keep winning and I have a feeling that other teams will take care of each other.

Than it will be a matter of getting on the Criminoles.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Good way to look at it. If we win every other ACC game and someone else wins the Coastal then there will be no shame in it for us, the football gods will have done their work and some other team was more deserving of it all. Control what we can control and it will all work out.
Even more than that, there's just way too many variables at this point to spend mental energy on deciding what's going to happen. Our preseason rank shows the value of the 'professional' prognosticators, and even the highest quality predictions in the most uneven games don't survive the actual playing of the game of football.

I don't know about ya'll, but I've watched Duke in two games this season. I've watched their future opponents in one or none. If I were to start predicting the end of the season now, I'd just be making wild assumptions to narrow the field to something I can handle mentally.

Better to assume nothing, and spend the small bits of mental energy I don't devote to signal processing or computer vision algorithms focused on something I have a shot at understanding, like next week's game.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'd just as soon see cross rivalries disappear, and you deal with your luck on a given year (though I do look forward to the Clemson game every year).

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know it is fun to forecast and all, but there is so much water still yet to go under the bridge and none of us have any idea what-so-ever how this thing is going to play out. My focus is on Saturday. I know I am not a coach, but I still don't like looking past the next game. Plow the heels!