STATE YOUR CASE! (Best climactic battle scene in a movie)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There's an endless amount of climactic battle scenes in movies. What's your favorite?

Despite the fact it looks like it came from an SD VHS tape, here's one of my favorites...

Posting illegal YouTube clips is highly encouraged.

On the Fourth of July holiday, you call that a "battle scene"? OMG. Even though it's no more a "battle" than that, the fight between the Jets and the Sharks in "West Side Story" has what you posted beat by a country mile. I'm sure I could come up with others, but the closing battle scene from "The Alamo" really stands out in my memory, and it was certainly better than whatever that was that you posted.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On the Fourth of July holiday, you call that a "battle scene"? OMG. Even though it's no more a "battle" than that, the fight between the Jets and the Sharks in "West Side Story" has what you posted beat by a country mile. I'm sure I could come up with others, but the closing battle scene from "The Alamo" really stands out in my memory, and it was certainly better than whatever that was that you posted.

I happen to love the scene I posted, but it was also a spoof to get the thread started. LOL!

Since you bring up Independence Day...

slugboy

Staff member
It’s not Lee’s best fight scene, but I did love the final fight in Enter the Dragon.

It had to be hard to shoot with all the mirrors. It’s a beautifully shot fight scene. And it’s so old and pretty low budget—not low budget compared to earlier Kung Fu movies, but compared to anything you’d see now.
I can watch this movie so many times. It’s always fun to watch. It came out in 1973, and I’d go watch it today 46 years later.
And it inspired so many movies and so many fight scenes.
I like the first two entries also. Drumline especially was a fun movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
I happen to love the scene I posted, but it was also a spoof to get the thread started. LOL!

Since you bring up Independence Day...

If you’re going to fight aliens, I propose Mars Attacks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I first saw this thread, I thought there would be a serious discussion of great movie battle scenes, and yet all I have seen are clips of or references to musical "battles" or battle scenes in science-fiction fantasy movies, and I have no idea what that "Bad Times at the El Royale" was. I definitely expected more.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When I first saw this thread, I thought there would be a serious discussion of great movie battle scenes, and yet all I have seen are clips of or references to musical "battles" or battle scenes in science-fiction fantasy movies, and I have no idea what that "Bad Times at the El Royale" was. I definitely expected more.

It's too early to say the thread won't shift in that direction. Also, that's so open to personal preference.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s a lot of buildup for it in the movie regarding character development and how that whole Mexican standoff came to be in the first place that just can’t be shown in a short clip.
That scene made my jaw drop because it was such an antithesis to what Miles character was up to that point.
I can spoil more but it’s secretly moved into one of my favorite movies after watching it on a plane. Lots of fun