State of the Tech State

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
And the ACC is about to let in a school much dumber than FSU. Louisville is where all of the idiots who can't either A) get the hell out of that state or B) can't get into UK go. I would highly doubt Louisville has ever had to reject a player due to academics. PS this is not a reflection of the city or the derby, both of which are awesome

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
The things that go on at F$U is crazy! Im sure it happens at many other factory schools as well but reading that is just nuts. The kid being proud enough to write a paper about beating the crap out of a gay kid, threataning a professor, and the one that got me was force feeding a kid! My gosh I wouldnt be surprised if they werent pumping these kids with roids and supplying them with clean urine to pass drug tests. Its amazing to me the things they will do to field a winning team...and with all that going on this is the first time F$U has truly been relevant since the early 2000's. Im sure that this stuff with Winston will probably get swept under the rug though just like everything that happens at every other factory school does. Its a shame that we are competing against stuff like that. Reading that article makes me so much more proud to be a Tech fan.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think it's important to note the source of the FSU article. I don't put much weight into undocumented heresay especially from an English professor offended that their Wikipedia page doesn't have as complete a bio as a player's.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think it's important to note the source of the FSU article. I don't put much weight into undocumented heresay especially from an English professor offended that their Wikipedia page doesn't have as complete a bio as a player's.

Oh yeah... I'm sure the teacher had nothing better to do than sit a round and make up a bunch of B*** S****

Point being is that what we want at GT... just to win a couple of more games each year? That's not want most of us want.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He wasn't offended. He pointing out the screwed up priorities we have in our culture that values athletes who entertain us above teachers who educate our youth. I've got no reason to doubt any of the stuff in the article. My buddy went to FSU back in their hay day and lived across the hall from "Prime Time" Deion Sanders. He told me the guy never went to class, had a harem of white girls outside his door at all hours (nothing wrong with that) and constantly wreaked of ganga.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I don't care what offense we run or who the coach is we're not gonna reel in top 10 recruiting classes, it's just not gonna happen. Could we do a better job of recruiting? Yes. Does the triple option hurt us in recruiting? Yes with the big name players that we prob wouldn't get anyway it does, but I believe it gives us an advantage with some of the other players that don't want to change positions or are to small for prototypical offenses.