Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
No it isn't. The talent is better, but a big reason we couldn't move the ball last year is Graham's inability to consistently hit the short and mid passing game. It's why we were so bad with 3 and outs last year and we can't win like that. I hate that this conversation is making me talk bad about him, but Graham was a triple option QB that didn't transition well to the new offense. It's not unexpected and shouldn't be this hard to accept.

That isn't the way you make that decision. You don't just pull your starter and hope for the best. There needs to be a reason for it. A reason why your backup actually gives you a better chance. We absolutely need a playmaking QB. We don't have the luxury of being able to play a QB just because he doesn't turn it over. The problem is we have two tr freshmen QBs and two QBs recruited for an entirely different system, one being a freshman himself. The only QB we have with experience has not shown anything close to the ability to consistently move the ball. People need to accept the fact that there isn't always a great answer to a problem. The best answer might have obvious flaws.
Graham has less career INTs in more career games. That’s a legitimate reason why he gives us a better chance. It’s worth trying.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I normally do not like calling for a backup and I still think Sims is our future and has a much higher ceiling but I'm all for Graham starting.

Not even fully due to the turnovers. The turnovers and mistakes you can usually learn to correct on the job. I think Sims needs an entire off-season to develop some deep ball accuracy. Even correcting the turnovers he's going to get cooked by good defenses and we have not faced a good defense yet.

kalld12

Banned
We just lost to a bottom 20 team and you guys are still defending Sims, all I can say is WOW! With what I’m seeing on social media, the team isnt backing Sims anymore either

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
We just lost to a bottom 20 team and you guys are still defending Sims, all I can say is WOW! With what I’m seeing on social media, the team isnt backing Sims anymore either
I don't think the team should bail on Sims, he is a good player just making freshman mistakes. He needs to learn from those, and this is where coaching comes in. I really feel like our QBs would benefit from having a guy to talk to them on the sidelines but they don't because Patenaude is up in the box.

Anyways, we shouldn't bail on Sims, however I do think we should bench him to let him cool off next game and start Graham.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Can’t believe we’re still talking about Graham as a QB. If we’re going to give anyone else a shot this year it should be Gleason.
Maybe. If Graham worked on his short and intermediate passes in the off season I think he will be good. He had amazing deep passes last year, some on the run, so I would not complain if we started Graham.

kalld12

Banned
I don't think the team should bail on Sims, he is a good player just making freshman mistakes. He needs to learn from those, and this is where coaching comes in. I really feel like our QBs would benefit from having a guy to talk to them on the sidelines but they don't because Patenaude is up in the box.

Anyways, we shouldn't bail on Sims, however I do think we should bench him to let him cool off next game and start Graham.

I’m not bailing either, a lot people think my stance here is “All Graham” and nothing else. That’s not it. I think we all know what Jeff Sims can be, but yes, he needs some series off. What has been happening in the field cannot go without letting him know that performance is unacceptable. I think Graham deserves a series or two, based on what I’m seeing in social media, Graham knows he’s getting that chance REAL SOON. We shall see, all I ask for is improvement week in and week out, we’ve digressed

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
People who are begging for Graham need to go back and watch full games from last year. Not just his highlights lol. Of course his highlights look good.
No, I don't have blinders on. Graham came in late to camp so didn't have as much time to learn the playbook last year, had an awful OL, was injured for at least 2-3 of his games, and was essentially a true freshman. Given all that he did good. Also, as someone said, Sims has thrown more INTs in 3 games than Graham did all of last year.