Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
On a personal level, I feel sorry for Todd. He doesn’t get a golden parachute buyout like Collins, and I do believe he was trying to do what he thought was best for the program.

I just don’t understand how Todd looked at the team last year and thought some version of, “Let me double-down and hook my job to this coach.” Beyond me.
That right there tells you he should be gone. Any AD that watched that horrible coaching for 3 years and thought it would improve when you had the funding and approval to fire him, should not be an AD.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
LOL!

GT Fan #1: Let's look for Coordinators who have won the Broyles awards
GT Fan #2: Collins won three at three different schools.
GT Fan #1: BS! He could not have won those since he sucked as a HC.
Collins has never won a Broyles award, just nominated. Brent Key was also nominated for a Broyles award, in 2020, and was one of 56 coaches nominated.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't love it. I guess the GT connection? Let's see what he can do. Won't be getting the job, but if he gets them turned around to some degree, we'll see what happens from there.
He’s the AHC. He’s next man up. And no one from outside of the staff is getting the interim HC job

slugboy

Staff member
Bro when is tech gonna put this damn press release out….
In the order that things are happening,
  1. The news is going to be well circulated before you ever see a press release. Too many legal and administrative tasks are between the events today and the press release for it to be an early press release.
  2. The press release is going to be the least informative thing that you read about today.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Most likely because he was actually the Assistant Head Coach.

Yeah, maybe. Could've gone to Long or Weinke, sort of like Clemson did with Dabo from WR coach. Hearing that Weinke is a future head coach. Could've seen what he could do. Doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things, but not a huge Key fan.