Ssssssshhhhh.....

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Shucks Boomer beat me to making the point about purposely under throwing a wide open receiver by like 4 minutes. Now I look like a plagarizing son of a biscuit!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said in the presser we'd know more in couple weeks about Byerly. If he knew he was out for the year, I'm sure he'd have said it. He's said it about other players.

I agree. I looked for Tim on the sidelines and he was wearing an elastic sleeve and walking around on his crutches like someone who had been ordered to do it. I think Coach was telling the truth when he said it was a day-to-day thing.

As to Jordon, I'll run throughout my check list again:

1. Can he run? Check. That's why they moved him after Cotrell got hurt.

2. Can he throw? Check. He did under throw Marshall slightly, but it was his first throw in a college game. And it was a nice spiral.

3. Can he make the read at the mesh? Looks like it. I think he misread one handoff, but so did JT. It happens.

4. Can he make the read on the veer plays? Check. This surprised me. He had looked a lot like Days when he was a QB in the spring games; i.e. reluctant to make the pitch and too sure of his own running ability. Yesterday he was pretty much flawless with his pitches. He waited until the D had completely committed - they often had him in their grasp - then made the pitch.

Sooooo … a pretty good first game performance.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with your overall sentiment. I only plucked this detail out because it is a pet peeve.

I hate it when QBs overthrow guys who are wide damn open. It's smarter to underthrow it and make good and sure it's completed. Justin underthrows wide open guys a lot and indeed underthrew on Summers TD catch. Notice when coverage is tight he errs on overthrowing and putting it where only his guy can get it.

Now maybe Jordan really meant to hit the guy perfectly in stride. I dont know, I hope not. It's more mature to take a little off and get the sure 6 pts.

But your real point is taken...sample size is small. Better than stinking the joint up though.

Absolutely. I was pleased to see he could run the o. Looked a lot better than Nesbitt against BC or VT in 2008 (at least in terms of doing what a qb should do in the offense).

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Shucks Boomer beat me to making the point about purposely under throwing a wide open receiver by like 4 minutes. Now I look like a plagarizing son of a biscuit!
Haha, now you know how I feel about BREAKING the news that his run was against 9 defenders!

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
but his TD pass was well under thrown
I don't know if he meant to leave it short or not but a lot of QB coaches teach kids that an overthrow is incomplete 100% of the time while an underthrow gives the receiver a chance to make a play or get an interference call. It was his first throw ever also I believe.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know if he meant to leave it short or not but a lot of QB coaches teach kids that an overthrow is incomplete 100% of the time while an underthrow gives the receiver a chance to make a play or get an interference call. It was his first throw ever also I believe.

It's a fair point. I just remember being worried that we had underthrown TM to the point where we let the DB make a play on it. Marshall was wide open, but had to turn around and risked #24 disrupting the play, imo. I'm certainly glad we didn't overthrow the guy, but I thought the pass was way underthrown, not just a little bit. It was still a TD, but with a better DB out there it may not have been.

Still, great job for a first college throw. Even better catch, imo.

Declinometer

Banned
I agree. I looked for Tim on the sidelines and he was wearing an elastic sleeve and walking around on his crutches like someone who had been ordered to do it. I think Coach was telling the truth when he said it was a day-to-day thing.

As to Jordon, I'll run throughout my check list again:

1. Can he run? Check. That's why they moved him after Cotrell got hurt.

2. Can he throw? Check. He did under throw Marshall slightly, but it was his first throw in a college game. And it was a nice spiral.

3. Can he make the read at the mesh? Looks like it. I think he misread one handoff, but so did JT. It happens.

4. Can he make the read on the veer plays? Check. This surprised me. He had looked a lot like Days when he was a QB in the spring games; i.e. reluctant to make the pitch and too sure of his own running ability. Yesterday he was pretty much flawless with his pitches. He waited until the D had completely committed - they often had him in their grasp - then made the pitch.

Sooooo … a pretty good first game performance.
Nice spiral...?

Body Massage Machine

Georgia Tech Fan
Based on what exactly?

He is Matthew Jordan's cousin, so I'm guessing that's why. Matthew Jordan must know, so he told his cousin? Hopefully CPJ won't be too upset about word getting out early regarding injury.

However, he's been wrong before (regarding the TO with CPJ succeeding).

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I need to smack my bro-in-law. Ahole got my hopes up during the game. Pointed out a #18 on the sideline with helmet on. (Build is pretty similar to TB). Said "hey look, TB is dressed with his helmet on" .... I replied "is that just a guy in duplicate #18 jersey?"..... He looked at me like I was crazy and said the name on the jersey was Byerly's. I couldn't quite make the name out but wear contacts and took him at his word. Dang Idiot. Was a young backup linebacker wearing #18.....smh

Hope TB can return but I'm highly doubtful. I can't think of any reason for the staff to fudge the possibility tho so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed. I think we are in good hands if MJ has to spell JT for a few plays. We will have troubles if we need to rely on MJ for a series or more. That doesn't mean he can't still be successful...but we will have growing pains.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hope TB can return but I'm highly doubtful. I can't think of any reason for the staff to fudge the possibility tho so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed.
What I keep thinking is this. CPJ never speculates when it comes to injuries. If a player thinks he can come back, or a medical diagnosis is incomplete at a certain point, he does not speak definitively.

This inadvertently adds to the head games opposing coaches go through when preparing for Tech. In their secret thoughts they are going, "He always runs a rocket toss for the first play to see how the defense is playing, but seems real unsure about whether his team is ready for us or not, but is he holding something back, and who is this player that is number two on the depth chart and why did CPJ hold him out of the game prior to us if he is not injured, and what is he up to?"

True fans of CPJ have learned when to just take him at his word but he is kind of Jedi warrior to opposing fans and coaches.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
no o
He is Matthew Jordan's cousin, so I'm guessing that's why. Matthew Jordan must know, so he told his cousin? Hopefully CPJ won't be too upset about word getting out early regarding injury.

However, he's been wrong before (regarding the TO with CPJ succeeding).

No one told me anything. I am judging from his crutches and seeing people go thru that before. I hope to see TB return and be used in short yardage but I am afraid that may not happen. Saw him after the game and he just didn't look/feel the same.

I hope I am wrong.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I need to smack my bro-in-law. Ahole got my hopes up during the game. Pointed out a #18 on the sideline with helmet on. (Build is pretty similar to TB). Said "hey look, TB is dressed with his helmet on" .... I replied "is that just a guy in duplicate #18 jersey?"..... He looked at me like I was crazy and said the name on the jersey was Byerly's. I couldn't quite make the name out but wear contacts and took him at his word. Dang Idiot. Was a young backup linebacker wearing #18.....smh

Hope TB can return but I'm highly doubtful. I can't think of any reason for the staff to fudge the possibility tho so I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed. I think we are in good hands if MJ has to spell JT for a few plays. We will have troubles if we need to rely on MJ for a series or more. That doesn't mean he can't still be successful...but we will have growing pains.

That's the thing.

If it was minor they would have said by now. or at least IMO.

Anything I say is purely speculation, I don't have any "inside info"

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
'we are not "hating" on the guy'

The vernacular expressed here is a millennial construct. They don't even know what the phrase 'hating' means. They think that
criticism = hating,
judgement = hating.
opinion = hating.

Precisely. Real 'hating' is something like—oh, just off the top of my head—hating uGA. Using the word 'hate' for anything less than that dilutes its meaning.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Precisely. Real 'hating' is something like—oh, just off the top of my head—hating uGA. Using the word 'hate' for anything less than that dilutes its meaning.

Guys,

It was a joke. I was yanking ya chain. Guess that ain't allowed here?

Just wanted to ruffle some feathers and get you guys stirred up.

Relax and enjoy the cool fall air.

I don't know anything more or less than you guys do about anything. This is where I read a lot of it for the first time.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Guys,

It was a joke. I was yanking ya chain. Guess that ain't allowed here?

Just wanted to ruffle some feathers and get you guys stirred up.

Relax and enjoy the cool fall air.

I don't know anything more or less than you guys do about anything. This is where I read a lot of it for the first time.

<irony>...as was my post...</irony>

Guess I should have used a couple of these: ;);)