Spring Training 2021

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Given that the vaccine requirements right now include a BMI of 25 or higher why don't we just get everyone vaccinated? Gibbs for instance has a BMI of 27.9 and is clearly overweight. I'm sure most of the team qualifies :sneaky:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Given that the vaccine requirements right now include a BMI of 25 or higher why don't we just get everyone vaccinated? Gibbs for instance has a BMI of 27.9 and is clearly overweight. I'm sure most of the team qualifies :sneaky:

That's what the Atlanta Hawks did with all of their overweight basketball players... (I think all but 2 meet the BMI of 25 or higher).

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
BMI "overweight" chart
5'-10" 164 lbs
6'-0" 174 lbs
6'-2" 184 lbs
6'-4" 194 lbs
6'-6" 205 lbs

Looks like Biggers is good to go . . . plus 95% of team (while our old punter would pass with flying colors, I think our new punter is a wee bit on the skinnier side, so would have to see)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
BMI "overweight" chart
5'-10" 164 lbs
6'-0" 174 lbs
6'-2" 184 lbs
6'-4" 194 lbs
6'-6" 205 lbs

Looks like Biggers is good to go . . . plus 95% of team (while our old punter would pass with flying colors, I think our new punter is a wee bit on the skinnier side, so would have to see)
Well I'm not overweight just 14" to short at 5'11"

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Also, given the emphasis CGC has placed on single digits and "earning" it, you have to think Kyric McGowan is doing a LOT of good things during the offseason to come in from another program and earn a single digit already.
No surprise if isn't best WR this yr.He's proven.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
BMI "overweight" chart
5'-10" 164 lbs
6'-0" 174 lbs
6'-2" 184 lbs
6'-4" 194 lbs
6'-6" 205 lbs

If I was 4 in shorter I would be overweight. I still have Craig Neil disease , noodle arms

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
How about we get everybody vaccinated and quit screwing around with all this start and stop crap for something that has yet to take out even one College Football player. Enough already. Use some common sense and get on with life.

Go Jackets!
Agreed. Fear is a powerful thing, obviously.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs strikes me as a guy who takes pride in doing things his way. I think GT fans make a big deal out of #21 (rightfully so), but sometimes players want to strike out and make another number "theirs".

I'm not sure if version players are targeted for single digits by the staff, but there has been precedent that you're supposed to apply for and justify why you deserve a single digit. That suggests Gibbs' choice was the factor here. Who can be upset about that? Unless someone was specifically following our program, would you expect them to attach to Calvin and Dwyer? Remember Calvin had to switch to 81 for the Lions per NFL number rules.

One side effect is that Gibbs and Yeh can't be side by side on KO returns.