Spring Preview: Wide Receivers

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
To me Camp does not have the moves or speed required to be a top tier receiver. He is a big athletic guy but he is not a great football player. I wish he was. After 4 years here he has achieved very little. I hope he has a breakout year but I do not expect it. I really don't see him as a starter and in fact if he were not a senior, I would try him at another position.

Go Jackets!

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
To me Camp does not have the moves or speed required to be a top tier receiver. He is a big athletic guy but he is not a great football player. I wish he was. After 4 years here he has achieved very little. I hope he has a breakout year but I do not expect it. I really don't see him as a starter and in fact if he were not a senior, I would try him at another position.

Go Jackets!
No need to try him elsewhere. Its NFL or bust for him at this point.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!
yep, his best use might be as a blocker in WR screens

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Camp has the NFL body type. Think he has a solid year and goes in a later round. Unfortunately he has to compete with AB out there lol

compete with ab in what respect? Catches? Camp will be x or z, likely alot of x, and AB wont sniff x or z much. He is a slot roamer

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

Go Jackets!
Not one person in the secondary has been able to stop him 2 consecutive plays this spring.....so either our DB's who everyone thinks will be the strongest unit on the team are bad or Jalen is a beast...
and I'm willing to bet it's not the secondary.

GT19901990

Georgia Tech Fan
Glad to hear he is showing out so far! I hope your projection comes to fruition. I don't necessarily agree that our secondary is all that stout. They need to step up as well.

Go Jackets!

Agree, secondary is avg at best. 7 interceptions last year is horrendous. Hope they can live up to the hype, will be tough with a pedestrian DL

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Agree, secondary is avg at best. 7 interceptions last year is horrendous. Hope they can live up to the hype, will be tough with a pedestrian DL

7 does seem a little low. It does look like we rank towards the bottom when you look at home many passing attempts were thrown against us. Also, I’d say that number does correlate to such a weak pass rush. Hope both of those things improve over last year.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
The best secondaries will look average if there is no passrush. Qb's had all day to throw against us. No one can cover for that long. Hard to ask the secondary to step up if the pass rush does not improve.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
When one facet of a team under performs it puts a demand on other facets of the team to over perform. We just don't seem to be able to hit the ying and yang of having a team with the chemistry to perform in that way. It's almost like Pixie Dust, you either have that characteristic or you don't. I'm hoping this collection of players find the secret to perform with the chemistry of a winning team.

Go Jackets!