Spring Practice

alagold

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 15873
Just want emphasize again that Jamal Haynes is looking like an absolute freak. Growing into an RB build, and his first off-season at the position.
I’m telling y’all we are in for treat in 2024.
PRAYING he stays healthy along with all other weapons.
He was a big TREAT last yr- bordering on the amazing at times.You are right --don't get hurt plezz.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
He was a big TREAT last yr- bordering on the amazing at times.You are right --don't get hurt plezz.
He was sixth in rushing yards in the ACC. With how our offense is shaping up for a continuous build, and Trey benson leaving FSU, I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes #1 or #2 and GT competes for a top 5 rushing program in the country. Before you think that’s extreme levels of gold Koolaid, remember we were #13 FBS this past year with an untrained wide receiver in the backfield.
We were at 198 yards per game.
#5 yards per game was West Virginia with 223 yards.

Last edited:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
He was sixth in rushing yards in the ACC. With how our offense is shaping up for a continuous build, and Trey benson leaving FSU, I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes #1 or #2 and GT competes for a top 5 rushing program in the country. Before you think that’s extreme levels of gold Koolaid, remember we were #13 FBS this past year with an untrained wide receiver in the backfield.
The interesting thing will be - we have a 2nd year in this offense with a lot of returning players. How much can we improve. The flip side is our opponents have had all offseason to dissect our offense. How much will that help them prepare for our offense. Ireland will be a big tell.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
One thing: it isn't unusual for teams with a lot of new people coming in to gasp a bit until mid-season. Everybody is expecting great improvement, but it might not emerge; indeed, I expect Tech to be about the same as last year on O and maybe a bit behind. It'll take awhile for everything to jell, if it ever does.

As to Jamal: yeah, he looks good in the photo.I hope the extra mass doesn't mean he has lost the ability to turn a back flip when he wants to; flexibility counts. His improvement was, I think, largely a matter fo learning to follow a block. This is not somehting that WRs are normally called upon to do and that showed early on last year. Too bad Dontae won't be out there again. We'll see on htis.

Finally, I think the season will turn on how our DEs turn out. DT is ok, if not spectacular. This might turn on whether Slyvain recovers. It is too bad he got hurt, but if you are going to have an injury like that, getting it at the start of the season is the time to do it.

I look forward to the spring game.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Watching the video, the poor route ran by #13 surprised me. Turns out, it's not Singleton, it's Isiah Canion now. I think someone will be working on being sharper out of the cut. DBs will eat his lunch with a route like that.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
One thing: it isn't unusual for teams with a lot of new people coming in to gasp a bit until mid-season. Everybody is expecting great improvement, but it might not emerge; indeed, I expect Tech to be about the same as last year on O and maybe a bit behind. It'll take awhile for everything to jell, if it ever does.

As to Jamal: yeah, he looks good in the photo.I hope the extra mass doesn't mean he has lost the ability to turn a back flip when he wants to; flexibility counts. His improvement was, I think, largely a matter fo learning to follow a block. This is not somehting that WRs are normally called upon to do and that showed early on last year. Too bad Dontae won't be out there again. We'll see on htis.

Finally, I think the season will turn on how our DEs turn out. DT is ok, if not spectacular. This might turn on whether Slyvain recovers. It is too bad he got hurt, but if you are going to have an injury like that, getting it at the start of the season is the time to do it.

I look forward to the spring game.
Every team has a lot of new people now. I think we might actually have fewer than most this season, especially on offense.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
New kid from FSU.
Think our defensive fortunes lie with Tifase and Lightsey. Both don’t have many game snaps but were major recruits who added a year or two in a big-time strength program. Tifase looks like a grown man ate another grown man and Lightsey is one of the bigger LBs on the roster whose strength out of HS was his athleticism (ran a 4.6 40 time at HS recruiting camp, would be a top-10 NFL combine time). If they can step up and reach their potential we'll be dangerous next year.