Spring Practice

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I guess you are correct. No news. Why would we schedule spring practice this way? Doesn't really seem to make much sense, practice for a week and then spring break? Why not just start after spring break and have the team get into a rhythm? First questionable move by CBK
Probably to give everyone a taste and then give the staff a week to shake down and correct internal errors before the boys are back in town

slugboy

Staff member
I guess you are correct. No news. Why would we schedule spring practice this way? Doesn't really seem to make much sense, practice for a week and then spring break? Why not just start after spring break and have the team get into a rhythm? First questionable move by CBK
Why not give the team a week to heal up, rest and recuperate? (Though they probably aren’t THAT beaten up after a week)

Plus, it gives the coaches time to see the players and evaluate who they have.

The reasons are probably working around various calendars—school, recruiting, etc. Having spring break during spring practice probably matters less than the other dates they’re working with

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It could also be to get Spring Practice over by the date they picked for recruiting and transfer portal. At the conclusion of Spring Practice they should have a much better feel of which holes are most critical to fill
And players who are thinking about moving on have the opportunity to do so in a timely manner, as well. This helps our SA's that might be looking to transfer too.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
TFG did all of spring practice before spring break and you see how that turned out.
I don't think we can call what TFG manifested "practice." Whatever it was defies most descriptions that are not scatological in nature.
With what he did, he could have had it any time. And it would have had the same result: a vastly ill-prepared team.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Since spring practice usually doesn't tell us much about who will play - unless players get season ending injuries - and how good the team will be, I don't think it makes much difference except to give the new coaches and players a chance to get acquainted. The time between the end of spring and the opening of fall practice seems a lot more important to me. That's when the coaches have to fend off other programs. Successfully, I hope.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure we're hitting NCAA maximums, but it doesn't really seem like a lot of practice time to me. Considering how impotent the NCAA has become, I'd be making every questionable attempt possible to increase the preparedness of our team.

GT football identity should be tough and smart. Our players should never be out of position and should give the opposing team hell on every damn play. We might lose, but I'd rather scrap than lay down.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
First of many to come no doubt. Obviously, this was a bad hire. Handwriting's on the wall. It's all downhill from here.

Does anyone know what CBK's buyout is? 🙄