Spring game interviews

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I thought LJ's throws actually looked really good -- many of them were just late IMHO. He was fortunate in the scrimmage that a couple of guys were wide open and could wait on the ball, but that won't always be the case in games. I came away thinking I totally understood why Marshall is the heavy favorite. (That said, I also didn't know about the hand injury during the game.) I still think he has a high ceiling and think he could easily be a 2 year starter.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I thought LJ's throws actually looked really good -- many of them were just late IMHO. He was fortunate in the scrimmage that a couple of guys were wide open and could wait on the ball, but that won't always be the case in games. I came away thinking I totally understood why Marshall is the heavy favorite. (That said, I also didn't know about the hand injury during the game.) I still think he has a high ceiling and think he could easily be a 2 year starter.
Should we be concerned that guys who struggled to get separation last year are wide open against our D?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Should we be concerned that guys who struggled to get separation last year are wide open against our D?
I hope not
Imo we have had the defense prepare to play rush and pass defense against a team with qb under center. I am more concerned that the NEW defense gets to practice defending against what we will see. I hope we come out early in year hyper aggressive on d with all kinds of schemes . Sure might not work but if we play good offense and the defense can learn how to be conservative by game 5.

Come on offense!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

The two wide open guys (Lnnch and Stewart) were working against a RSFR with no game experience and a walk-on not even on last week's Ramlin Wreck roster. Even early in the scrimmage the coaches were subbing deep string players with the 1s. Both wide open receivers were blown coverages. DBs were in position to make several interceptions during the game but could not hang on to the ball. I was actually impressed with coverage overall as receivers were mostly not open early causing the QBs to scramble, get sacked, or pitch it into the seats. IMO the DB coverage was better than the O passing. Our DBs need work on their hanging on to passes.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The two wide open guys (Lnnch and Stewart) were working against a RSFR with no game experience and a walk-on not even on last week's Ramlin Wreck roster. Even early in the scrimmage the coaches were subbing deep string players with the 1s. Both wide open receivers were blown coverages. DBs were in position to make several interceptions during the game but could not hang on to the ball. I was actually impressed with coverage overall as receivers were mostly not open early causing the QBs to scramble, get sacked, or pitch it into the seats. IMO the DB coverage was better than the O passing. Our DBs need work on their hanging on to passes.

To add to this, brad's first big catch was on a corner fire blitz where lucas stepped up and had Benson take the corner and hit stewart who was sitting itn eh zone between the deep safety and the vacated corner.