Spring game interviews

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Coach said lucas had a lot of pressure from the rush but made some good passes.

Lucas said he tried to hit the open spots but like whiskey mentioned above the pass went funky due to hand unjury.

On long pass to Lynch Lucas also mentioned he was looking at brad but he was covered so he noticed that lynch had broken open so he put the ball out there so lynch could catch it.

So if above is correct, could we think that ON 1 play under pressure and with a dinged hand, our back up qb did not scramble or throw it up for grabs when his called primary receiver was covered. Instead he saw the other receiver was behind the defense, adjusted and hit him for a td. Last year our a backs caught 3 td in 11 games.

On the negative nelly side we could have issues w our d getting burned.

Lets be positive and say lucas could be an asset in 18. It would be great to have 2 quality qb .

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Coach said lucas had a lot of pressure from the rush but made some good passes.

Lucas said he tried to hit the open spots but like whiskey mentioned above the pass went funky due to hand unjury.

On long pass to Lynch Lucas also mentioned he was looking at brad but he was covered so he noticed that lynch had broken open so he put the ball out there so lynch could catch it.

So if above is correct, could we think that ON 1 play under pressure and with a dinged hand, our back up qb did not scramble or throw it up for grabs when his called primary receiver was covered. Instead he saw the other receiver was behind the defense, adjusted and hit him for a td. Last year our a backs caught 3 td in 11 games.

On the negative nelly side we could have issues w our d getting burned.

Lets be positive and say lucas could be an asset in 18. It would be great to have 2 quality qb .

The white team D was being called by Coach Speed not Coach Woody, speed was blitzing every play and lynch basically just burned showell ( 3rd string safety at best). I'll take lynch of most teams starters when he's healthy.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I saw when LJ hurt his hand but he played threw it. I thought they were gonna take him out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
G
LJ said he dinged his hand up early which messed up his grip on the ball. Said it caused a funky release on his throws. Explains why he seemed to lack zip on a lot of throws.

good to know. I was disappoint last night with most of his passes. Hopefully that is the reason why.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
What I’m I missing?
Kid leads 4 scoring drives against the 1st team D with the 2nd team OLine, no running game, a bum hand, little practice time, & new center. Help me out here, why the negativity?

Stewart had 100 yards receiving off 3 passes.
Lynch had a 33 yard TD pass.
He missed throws no doubt but giving the circumstances I thought he played fairly well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What I’m I missing?
Kid leads 4 scoring drives against the 1st team D with the 2nd team OLine, no running game, a bum hand, little practice time, & new center. Help me out here, why the negativity?

He missed throws no doubt but giving the circumstances I thought he played fairly well.

After listening to the post game interviews, I feel better about some of what appeared to be "poor" passes from LJ and the issue he had with handling snaps.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What I’m I missing?

People see what they want to see...and they develop their "favorites". Just look at the discussion about LJ vs Jay Jones from last year. I'm guilty of it as well.

At the end of the day, CPJ and Candeto are going to make the final call. Till then, it's just another point of discussion for us messageboarders.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
People see what they want to see...and they develop their "favorites". Just look at the discussion about LJ vs Jay Jones from last year. I'm guilty of it as well.

At the end of the day, CPJ and Candeto are going to make the final call. Till then, it's just another point of discussion for us messageboarders.
My guess is Candeto's vote is gonna be seriously weighted.