SPRING GAME DAYYYY!!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
KIng's stats are very different depending on which team he was with in this game. 4-11 for 91 yards and 1 TD with Swarm (Gold Jerseys). 9-11 for 185 yards and 2 TD with Wreck'Em (White jerseys).
Thanks, did not know that, what is the difference or were we doing something different in each case?

JacketFan137

Banned
Can't comment on the players but I thought it was a super weak showing by our fanbase for such a beautiful day and good upward momentum within the program.
it was the same song and dance when we fired collins. supposedly we had all these people that would support the program now that he’s gone but it’s still the same.

we just have a ****ty fanbase. maybe as key and batt work their magic it will improve but attendance has been soft for like a decade now unless we are playing a blue chip program

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
it was the same song and dance when we fired collins. supposedly we had all these people that would support the program now that he’s gone but it’s still the same.

we just have a ****ty fanbase. maybe as key and batt work their magic it will improve but attendance has been soft for like a decade now unless we are playing a blue chip program
At the end of the day if you build it they will come. So wins = butts in seats, just gotta win.

JacketFan137

Banned
At the end of the day if you build it they will come. So wins = butts in seats, just gotta win.
to some extent. we improved a lot under key and i still saw half the stadium empty from my seats last year.

we need to redirect the passion from clowning on collins on social media to actually attending the games lol

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
to some extent. we improved a lot under key and i still saw half the stadium empty from my seats last year.

we need to redirect the passion from clowning on collins on social media to actually attending the games lol
True, but for most sidewalk fans although we improved we still missed the postseason, and that's not enough to move the needle on attending.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
watching us run an actual offense with modern concepts and passing is a thing of beauty. might take some time for faulkner to really get it cooking but every tech fan should be thrilled we are running this offense
Most fans don't give a rats butt what offense we run as long as it wins games. At some point you need to learn that and stop with the the continual subtle digs at the other offenses. Just let it go.

JacketFan137

Banned
Most fans don't give a rats butt what offense we run as long as it wins games. At some point you need to learn that and stop with the the continual subtle digs at the other offenses. Just let it go.
lol what are you talking about. we didn’t run these plays last season?

this was the first time we were competently running RPOs and using motion effectively in forever.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Thanks, did not know that, what is the difference or were we doing something different in each case?
The White jersey team had most of the offensive starters while the Gold jersey team had most of the defensive starters. On a different board info was posted that the defense only called 4 different plays. It did look like the defense was very vanilla today so that makes sense.

No pre snap penalties for either offense. No turnovers either. Good signs!

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
What’s impressed me is how cohesive the offense looks with only 3 weeks worth of practices with a new OC. Obviously there are a lot of the same concepts we ran last year, but haven’t seen anybody looking totally lost.
No penalties...... maybe a few times refs swallowed their whistles, but nothing blatant..... and no pre-snap OL & WR penalties ===> BIIIIIG improvement over the last four years.

And no turnovers IIRC.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer

This is just ridiculous and lazy. Are you new to the world of Georgia Tech? We haven’t been good at football since we won the Gator Bowl in 2016. We also have had 20 plus years of GT graduates who care nothing about football (maybe 10-15%). It‘s not that we have a bad fanbase it’s that we have a very small and dying away fanbase. It makes no sense to me why so many GT fans blame people who simply don’t exist for an empty stadium. If you want to blame anyone blame the GT admin over the past 3 decades who have chosen to become the “World Institute of Technology“.

JacketFan137

Banned
No penalties...... maybe a few times refs swallowed their whistles, but nothing blatant..... and no pre-snap OL & WR penalties ===> BIIIIIG improvement over the last four years.

And no turnovers IIRC.
we had one fumble, that from my angle looked more like a great defensive effort than the offensive player messing up. someone immediately grabbed it, but i couldn’t tell who cause they were on the far side of the field

qbs kept the ball away from the corners for the most part which was good to see

JacketFan137

Banned
This is just ridiculous and lazy. Are you new to the world of Georgia Tech? We haven’t been good at football since we won the Gator Bowl in 2016. We also have had 20 plus years of GT graduates who care nothing about football (maybe 10-15%). It‘s not that we have a bad fanbase it’s that we have a very small and dying away fanbase. It makes no sense to me why so many GT fans blame people who simply don’t exist for an empty stadium. If you want to blame anyone blame the GT admin over the past 3 decades who have chosen to become the “World Institute of Technology“.
idk being a worldwide leader in technology is more important to many of us than being good at football. also the way you’ve framed that sounds a little xenophobic if i’m being honest

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
KIng's stats are very different depending on which team he was with in this game. 4-11 for 91 yards and 1 TD with Swarm (Gold Jerseys). 9-11 for 185 yards and 2 TD with Wreck'Em (White jerseys).
The offense for both teams wore white and the defense wore gold. One had to pay attention to what sideline they were on to know who was who. I thought king the best qb today but not by much. Attendance was pretty good I was in the west stands and things filled in over in the lower east. I’d say 15 to 20k were there

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
To make yall feel better. Wake Forest had less than 3,000 for their spring game.
My dear Mr. Hord...us old guys genuinely appreciate your care and concern. You appear to be one of the very, very few younger guys that appear willing to accept the torch and hair shirt. Most (but not all) of us who post here never really got to experience the halicon days of Coach Dodd but were content with the occasional special seasons that have been strung out randomly over the years.

With that being said, us old guys (and gals) would appreciate it if you didn't use WF as some sort of benchmark for our program. There was a time that doing so would be considered sacriligious but I caertainly (and sadly) understand how someone of your age wouln't understand that.