Sports science research and data analytics

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Crecine was fully onboard with improving the Athletics at Tech. Maybe you mean Petit and Klough? Crecine did more for GT Athletics than any president in the history of the Institute. Do you think the natatorium just magically showed up on GT's campus? Do you think all the housing associated with the 1996 Olympics just magically arrived? Do you think GT being the Olympic Village was just happenstance? Maybe you should revisit your history.
Petit wanted to do away with D1 sports at Tech. He was more interested in enlarging the graduate programs and producing PhD's.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The modeling to control a drone swarm are devloped and implemented within 1 mile of BDS.
i wonder if Hill only cares about the receipt Of a billion a year in DOD supplied research grants.

More and more very smart gt students and grad students are needed to help the elite profs feed the $ threadmill.
Just take a gander at the GTRI’s annual reports and you have your answer.

Frankly, in my lifetime I believe this to be true that The Hill has always acted more about research more than academics. The trend escalated significantly during the commercialization of the DoD starting early 90’s. Coupled with retired military no longer transitioning into Civil Service we’ve realized Eisenhower’s worst fears.

That being said, there’s plenty of room for R&D outside DoD on the GT campus. Yeah it’s not the easy government money, but there’s real work to be done in injury reduction borne by research into materials and designs, there’s the whole performance improvement angle, analytics, etc.

Hell, get some IE to fix our damn football stadium concessions or ticketing or you name it. Certainly we can do something so you don’t have to broil in Sept, etc. There’s all kinds of things we could unleash out talent on.

It’s all right under our nose and you get
the advantage of getting the geeks out of the library and into the stands maybe.