Special Teams as we end year. BOTH WAYS COVERAGE AND RETURNS

GTRoy

Georgia Tech Fan
Solution: Kick the ball out of bounds on every kickoff. I'd gladly give the opponent the 35 on every possession. Aim for the sideline on every punt. On returns, never return the ball from the end zone. Fair catch 90% of punts (We're already kind of doing this).

When you're struggling in one area of your game, just play conservative and let the other positive parts of your game shine through.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Solution: Kick the ball out of bounds on every kickoff. I'd gladly give the opponent the 35 on every possession. Aim for the sideline on every punt. On returns, never return the ball from the end zone. Fair catch 90% of punts (We're already kind of doing this).

When you're struggling in one area of your game, just play conservative and let the other positive parts of your game shine through.
Except they can make us re-kick it from 5 yards further back.

Jmonty71

Banned

I agree. 35 yard line is better than a TD or a huge momentum turning kickoff return. As for punts, we are doing better than the kickoffs. However; a little more hang time will fix many issues.

Go Jackets!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I agree. 35 yard line is better than a TD or a huge momentum turning kickoff return. As for punts, we are doing better than the kickoffs. However; a little more hang time will fix many issues.

Go Jackets!

Y'all do realize the receiving team has the option of a re kick on kickoff out of bounds with a 5 yard mark off?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
IMO, special teams is a reflection of depth and we don't have much. As CPJ said, we had to put nearly all starters on it last week.

We also dropped from an All American kicker to a ~replacement level guy.