Speaking of transfers...

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
There's a real life color choice connection between Clems and Auburn, isn't there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_Tigers_football
Walter Merritt Riggs can be characterized as the "Father of Clemson Football", as he brought the game with him from Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama (now Auburn University). The fact that Auburn and Clemson share the same mascot is no accident. Riggs allowed his players to pick the team mascot and, although he may have influenced their decision, the players chose Tigers because Princeton University had just won the national championship. Riggs helped organize and coach the infant Tiger team in 1896. With little money to spend on uniforms, Riggs brought some of Auburn's old practice uniforms with him, which happened to have orange and navy jerseys.[6] Because the jerseys had gone through a few washboard scrubbings, they were quite faded, the navy worse than the orange. So Riggs made the school's predominant color orange and the faded condition of the navy became the purplish color, officially known today as Regalia.[6] The team played as a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association (SIAA), the first southern athletics conference.

Deleted member 2897

If you Google [team] and transfers, you'll find tons of articles. Many of the top teams lose half a dozen every single year. Look at Georgia Tech - we are winning tons of games, and we have extremely good and YOUNG players right now at almost all positions. Look at A-Back: Searcy, Lynch, Green, Cottrell. Look on OL at Bryan, Klock, Lee, Braun, Cooper. If you're like 5th or 6th on the depth chart, you might not be able to see any way to get on the field for 2-3 years. And yes we have a world class degree, but for many kids this is the last time in their lives they will be playing their chosen sport at a competitive level. I had many friends in high school go to tiny unknown liberal arts colleges because they could play Lacrosse or Soccer or whatever.

On Clemson moreover, they just got the commitment from the #1 player in the entire country for the 2018 class - a 0.9998 5* QB. This despite the fact that they landed a 5* and a 4* QB in this 2017 class. And they currently have like 2 more 4* Freshman QBs. Now what do you think is going to happen to those guys? Are they, guys that would be the highest rated QB on 2/3rds of the FBS rosters just going to ride the bench for 5 years? No. This is the type of research and marketing we need to be doing - something like 70% of 4*+ recruits at Alabama do NOT make the NFL. Not because they are bad players so much, but more because they didn't see the field enough to develop and showcase. So as a 4* or higher recruit, do you want to give yourself a 70% chance of not making it, and get an undesirable degree, and hardly ever see the field, and lose to the ACC? Come get a world class degree, play for the #1 academic and athletic conference in all sports in the capital of the New South.

On WalMart, that's especially funny, because I didn't think WalMart even carried Clemson gear. I see other stuff in South Carolina all the time (like USCe) but have never seen a shred of Clemson stuff.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
On WalMart, that's especially funny, because I didn't think WalMart even carried Clemson gear. I see other stuff in South Carolina all the time (like USCe) but have never seen a shred of Clemson stuff.
The Greenville Walmarts have tons of Clemson gear, including orange and purple baked goods during tailgating season. But we are pretty much their second location.