Sophomore OG Connor Hansen ...

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I really like our offensive line - it is the strength of the team. However - for what ever reason, Louisville just gave up in the 2nd half and made themselves easy to block. Not true for 2 and 1/2 quarters but after first drive of second half they gave up like I haven't seen a team do in a long time. They didn't challenge the blocks at all. One thing about CPJ, his teams no matter what the score have ever given up from what I've seen.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
I really like our offensive line - it is the strength of the team. However - for what ever reason, Louisville just gave up in the 2nd half and made themselves easy to block. Not true for 2 and 1/2 quarters but after first drive of second half they gave up like I haven't seen a team do in a long time. They didn't challenge the blocks at all. One thing about CPJ, his teams no matter what the score have ever given up from what I've seen.

I was in the upper deck at the 2017 Military Bowl featuring Navy vs. Virginia, the line was UVA -2.5. UVA ran the opening kickoff back for a touchdown and their players were ecstatic. UVA was not unfamiliar with CPJ's offense, they beat us 40-36 that year. Navy responded to the kickoff return TD as if nothing happened and at the end of the first quarter the score was Navy 14 - UVA 7. I told everyone around me that "this game is over, Navy wins big; the UVA players don't want to be out here anymore." The catch was, it was a cold and miserable day, especially in the shade, and you could see the difference between the two teams. Navy was a team of soldiers who relished knocking the hell out of people in the cold and UVA wanted to go home. Navy completed zero passes, final score Navy 49 - UVA 7.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I noticed we are not diving at the defensive linemen's feet as much as in the past. I think we are coming off the ball and actually punching them in the face and pushing them out of the way. I like that much better and I think our linemen do as well.

Go Jackets!
From what I saw we were drive blocking really well on the LOS but screening out at the second level with few cuts. Second level blocks seem to result more from our OLine getting position and boxing out to make the defenders fight through them. I liked it. Tobias especially was squeezing between the butts.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
From what I saw we were drive blocking really well on the LOS but screening out at the second level with few cuts. Second level blocks seem to result more from our OLine getting position and boxing out to make the defenders fight through them. I liked it. Tobias especially was squeezing between the butts.
Can’t really cut on the second level anymore, 5 yard rule.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I noticed we are not diving at the defensive linemen's feet as much as in the past. I think we are coming off the ball and actually punching them in the face and pushing them out of the way. I like that much better and I think our linemen do as well.

Go Jackets!

Watching the Bowling Green game, it looked as if their D line was back from the LOS so that they couldn't get cut. Other teams have tried that before.
I didn't look closely enough to see if Louisville followed suit. I did several times where there just seemed to be a ribbon of uniforms right down the middle and at the end of it was our B back getting 7-8 yards. That ribbon was O linemen and D linemen down on the ground after we had cut the crap out of them.

I remember PJ's offenses at Southern and the O linemen who weren't cutting on a play would often block their first assignment and then haul downfield to get somebody else, usually on one of AP's monster runs. That O line PJ had his first 2-3 years as Southern's HC was downright nasty.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Watching the Bowling Green game, it looked as if their D line was back from the LOS so that they couldn't get cut. Other teams have tried that before.
I didn't look closely enough to see if Louisville followed suit. I did several times where there just seemed to be a ribbon of uniforms right down the middle and at the end of it was our B back getting 7-8 yards. That ribbon was O linemen and D linemen down on the ground after we had cut the crap out of them.

I remember PJ's offenses at Southern and the O linemen who weren't cutting on a play would often block their first assignment and then haul downfield to get somebody else, usually on one of AP's monster runs. That O line PJ had his first 2-3 years as Southern's HC was downright nasty.

I always bring up southern as an example of what happens when CPJ has Bama level resources and recruiting in comparison to his peers. Ga southern had the best recruiting classes of those years by far. Adrian N Peterson would have gone to UGA as what woudl be considered probably a 4 star ranking now except he did not have the grades to get in due to a learning disability. He chose to go play for CPJ. CPJ got whatever he wanted from the administration as well and had full by in.

He won 38 regular season games in a row and 2 championships.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!
Also now that there dl is moved up close we are doing more fold or down blocks.
During these blocks we do drive w legal holding .
The massive ol of early 2015 proved pretty ineffective in close quarters and less effective at downfield blocking.

The last 5 games we play 3 athletic, well coached teams , that have played against our previous scheme. With Bryan leaned down (surplus if guards) so he could play tackle and quick guard and with his minor injury we have played young tackles.

With Bryan ready , young guys we p t, and our new love of legal holding; we are ready to start the ROLL of 18.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember when Hansen came and tried out at one of our camps. He was hitting everybody and hard, so they pulled him aside to give him an offer. He said (paraphrasing) “Thanks...is that all you called me over for? Can I go back and hit some more people?”
Is this true? Holy ****, that's awesome.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I remember when Hansen came and tried out at one of our camps. He was hitting everybody and hard, so they pulled him aside to give him an offer. He said (paraphrasing) “Thanks...is that all you called me over for? Can I go back and hit some more people?”
I was thinking when we signed him we were look at him as center , was this the case ?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I always bring up southern as an example of what happens when CPJ has Bama level resources and recruiting in comparison to his peers. Ga southern had the best recruiting classes of those years by far. Adrian N Peterson would have gone to UGA as what woudl be considered probably a 4 star ranking now except he did not have the grades to get in due to a learning disability. He chose to go play for CPJ. CPJ got whatever he wanted from the administration as well and had full by in.

He won 38 regular season games in a row and 2 championships.
AP’s grades were ok - his stuttering threw teams off. I think it’s why UF and Syracuse backed off
Tracy Ham was from that area and helped get AP to Southern

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe we cut at 4 yards then. I swear I thought I saw an a back cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the ABs made an illegal cut about 8 yards down field; it was in the middle of the TV screen, but the refs didn’t throw the flag.

Early in the game, Parker Braun also caused a defender to have a “What the hell?’ moment when he almost cut-blocked the dude in half a couple of yards down field. That block was legal.