Some JT film from this year

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watching those highlights shows very nicely that all but 1-2 of those great plays is within the context of our offense. JT did not have ad lib much this year to rescue plays that had broken down. Could that be our offensive line? The one with no All-ACC players??? Wink, wink. Probably not.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Not to take anything away from our current stable of backs because they have been excellent, but this offense can get even better with JT at the helm by adding a couple guys with game breaking speed. If some of our new recruits have that speed AND can block on the perimeter, watch out!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That is some fun stuff to watch right there. The speed with which our offense was executed this year is noticeably faster. JT is a decisive player witih amazing foot speed. He took a few shots this season, but for the most part, he did an amazing job of avoiding them. He is a hard guy to get a hat on. We have a platform from which to build on offense right now. It should be a fun ride.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
The offensive line should be just as good. I'm not terribly worried about replacing the a-backs or the b-backs because of the nature of what we do. I am concerned about losing smelter. Hopefully JT can develop the same chemistry with Summers and Jeune over the summer.

sidewalk Tom

Georgia Tech Fan
Man, he is good. What a joy to watch him play--running, pitching, throwing--he is the real deal. Here's to more on New Year's Eve and into 2015!

I will say, though, he is going to miss Smelter. Those guys had a special connection.

(as an aside, I like the Andy Mineo song! I'm a big fan of his.)
Being very ''old school'', i enjoy Justin for how he plays the game. Never seen him argue with officials,show up his coach or teammates nor his competition, he just plays good and stays humble. This is why i watch sports, for every Johnny Manzel there is a Justin Thomas!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Being very ''old school'', i enjoy Justin for how he plays the game. Never seen him argue with officials,show up his coach or teammates nor his competition, he just plays good and stays humble. This is why i watch sports, for every Johnny Manzel there is a Justin Thomas!
Love the way he plays. Stays cool after mistakes, and corrects them. He absolutely refuses to lose. Some people may not like the comparison, but he reminds me of Michael Vick in the first few years with the Falcons. On the field anyways.

sidewalk Tom

Georgia Tech Fan
And this is true of most all our players in every sport. Be thank full that we have teams not players!

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do these always have to be mainstream rap videos? I feel like making one set to King Crimson, just to be rebel.

Or maybe one with just, I don't know, the calls or audio from the game footage. To my knowledge that'd be the first of its kind.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Somebody said, in a recent thread, something to the effect of "remember how we used to say that we didn't look as quick running the system as Navy? Notice we don't say that anymore?".

It's ABSOLUTELY the truth. I'm watching Navy now, and they're no quicker than you guys running the system. This is the first year that that's true. I think it's clear that Thomas is the reason for this.

Declinometer

Banned
For every Cam Newton and Jameis Winston there is a JT! I like this better!

thwgjacket

Somebody said, in a recent thread, something to the effect of "remember how we used to say that we didn't look as quick running the system as Navy? Notice we don't say that anymore?".

It's ABSOLUTELY the truth. I'm watching Navy now, and they're no quicker than you guys running the system. This is the first year that that's true. I think it's clear that Thomas is the reason for this.
Saw Navy in action a couple of weeks this year. You're right and it's really not even that close. JeT and Snoddy make Navy look like they're moving in slow motion.