Softball

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Blown out by Lady Dwags tonight 8-0 - pitching and defense continue to be really bad. Neleman really struggling this year - ERA close to 5.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Blown out by Lady Dwags tonight 8-0 - pitching and defense continue to be really bad. Neleman really struggling this year - ERA close to 5.

I was at my daughters games last night. What was her issue this game? Missing spots or finding the strike zone? She pitched well last season not sure what has changed.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like pitching may have taken a turn for the better - really good in sweeping through last weekend’s I-75 challenge (2 total runs allowed in 3 games) then beating #18 Auburn yesterday 2-1 on a walk-off HR. Keeping fingers crossed.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Looks like pitching may have taken a turn for the better - really good in sweeping through last weekend’s I-75 challenge (2 total runs allowed in 3 games) then beating #18 Auburn yesterday 2-1 on a walk-off HR. Keeping fingers crossed.
Keeping my fingers AND toes crossed. Softball is almost all about pitching (90%) and HR's (10%). That's what beat AU...

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Team needs alot of help from Pitt to make the ACC tourney. I really like Morales but we should not be struggling to make the ACC tourney in year six of her reign and be this far behind newer programs like Duke and Clemson. She needs to find some pitching.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Team needs alot of help from Pitt to make the ACC tourney. I really like Morales but we should not be struggling to make the ACC tourney in year six of her reign and be this far behind newer programs like Duke and Clemson. She needs to find some pitching.

Its not just pitching. I was at a game this year where for the entire first time throught the line up the first pitch was a strike right down the middle. We took the first pitch every time. I can't stand watching your best pitch go by. That is a coaching issue. after 3-4 batters getting that pitch you have to challenge it, then adjust again if they adjust. It seems we go into a game with a plan to watch the first pitch every time. That lets other teams start ahead of us. I have seen some weird defensive moves at times as well this year. It was bad against FSU when we knew a bunt was coming and then looked surprised when it happened.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
A losss, but she graduated so get that she may want to go somewhere else. We recruited a catcher last year so I can't imagine we expected her to stay.

I imagined it, I wanted to see her play more. With my daughters softball schedule I don't get to make the trip down to Atlanta enough. I hope we can turn the program around and compete again. Clempson and Dukie are young programs that have really gotten good quick. FSU is a powerhouse. We can jump into that boat if we put forth the effort.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I imagined it, I wanted to see her play more. With my daughters softball schedule I don't get to make the trip down to Atlanta enough. I hope we can turn the program around and compete again. Clempson and Dukie are young programs that have really gotten good quick. FSU is a powerhouse. We can jump into that boat if we put forth the effort.
Got to get some dominant pitchers. That's where it's at in softball.