So with CPJ as our coach how many RB's have we lost early??

MountPGT1990

Banned
I am truly bummed about the news of Mills getting the boot. We can say next man up, but he was a special player that doesn't come along very often.

It got me thinking ....how many RB's have lost over the CPJ years due to suspensions, transfers, etc and did not complete their time and graduate???

Off the top of my head:

1) Mills
2) Dennis Andrews
3) CJ Leggett
4) Travis Custis
5) Autry
6) Marcus Marshall
7) .....

I'm sure there are some more, but that's a crazy amount of talent and potential never realized just at the RB position not to mention all the OL we have lost early as well......

So frustrating, sometimes it's truly painful being a GT fan. The loss of Mills is going to cost us several wins this year IMHO. I had high hopes of 9-10 wins with Coastal Championship. Now I'm thinking 6-8 win season.

Last edited:

MountPGT1990

Banned
PJ doesn't play around.

No he doesn't, just makes me wonder what could have been. So much talent gone wasted.....almost never fails at GT to lose top notch talent at RB.

Didn't Dwyer also leave early for NFL? How do teams like Clemson get so many top notch guys to stick around and graduate and not jump early to NFL like Mike Williams, Watson, Gallman, etc?

One of my all time favorite breakout players at GT prior to CPJ was Tony Hollings, he looked like best RB in the nation before he went down with ACL tear against BYU

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
The guys on the list have not amounted to much in their careers. Mills & Marshall might be the exception, but when you don't play by the rules, you're gone (Marshall was an exemplary student athlete that wanted to be the man elsewhere).

slugboy

Staff member
Counting Custis is no fair either--he couldn't get admitted.
I don't think there's a coach at any level that WANTS to lose their premier running back. Do you think this was done lightly?

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a run heavy offense. We should be getting a low 5*/high 4* RB every other year to be the feature back.....and yet cpj never has. Pretty disappointing. And the ones that were close to that level have yet to pan out for more than one season. Reminds me of chan and his inability to recruit and develop qbs.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
This is a run heavy offense. We should be getting a low 5*/high 4* RB every other year to be the feature back.....and yet cpj never has. Pretty disappointing. And the ones that were close to that level have yet to pan out for more than one season. Reminds me of chan and his inability to recruit and develop qbs.
I feel like you're just reaching for any reason to try and bash CPJ

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe...but where is the feature back? There's no reason not to have one at this point.
The position has almost always been productive ... What does it matter what the * ranking is at the end of the day, other than to stroke egos or serve agendas?

You seem bitter about CPJ. You don't have to hide behind a passive approach by complaining about recruiting.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I figured we would be getting looks from higher rated RBs too, but I guess elite backs don't want to play with their hand on the ground.