So who leaves? Attrition.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
makes sense why we brought in all those pwo kickers.
Wells is an interesting case. Perfect 2 Seasons ago and then last year what the $&@$! King was a last minute add from desperation after losing the kid to Al. Hanson may have seen his chances greatly reduced by the transfer portal and the return of our center for a 5th year. I wish them all the best. I only hate it if their future degree doesn’t have the same clout.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Wells is an interesting case. Perfect 2 Seasons ago and then last year what the $&@$! King was a last minute add from desperation after losing the kid to Al. Hanson may have seen his chances greatly reduced by the transfer portal and the return of our center for a 5th year. I wish them all the best. I only hate it if their future degree doesn’t have the same clout.

I would guess all 3 will have GT degrees. King and Hansen are close to graduating and Wells walked on to begin with, so ultimately, he got a year of school paid for and will always have the great moments from 2018 like the game winner vs uva.

Deleted member 2897

Hate to see people leave, blunt love to see it with a GT degree. These guys will all do great things.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yes technically it was a 1 year, pulled or not renewed is basically the same thing to me. I ask a different way....Is it safe to say his scholarship was not renewed?

It was kinda obvious he wasn't going to be on scholly this year, I think. So...yes? I wasn't certain he would leave the team, but it isn't especially surprising. We brought in a bunch of pwo kickers.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the rigors of being on the team and school were too much for him. Maybe he is studying abroad. [Or a broad ;) ] Thing is, we will never know. Classy people don't discuss private matters in public.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Anyone telling you otherwise is trying to make themselves feel better about the several players being shown the door.

Every coach does this. Hell, every job has a performance review where you may or may not be retained, but you’re damn sure told where you need to improve. Please drop this whole “CGC is processing” belief you keep harping on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Every coach does this. Hell, every job has a performance review where you may or may not be retained, but you’re damn sure told where you need to improve. Please drop this whole “CGC is processing” belief you keep harping on.

This is where Tech fans drive me crazy. They want to be different than the factories with regards to “processing” and recruiting. But when we lose to factories they’re upset because we should be a top program. They want the athletic program to reflect the academic standards of the rest of the Institute’s, but when but when players are leaving because they’re ineligible or we can’t recruit at a top 10 level they’re upset because, “how can we not be top 10 in recruiting when we’re in Atlanta?” If you truly want Georgia Tech to become an elite football program you’re going to have to accept the fact that elite programs do things differently than Tech has in the past. If you want Georgia Tech to continue its past history of “honesty” or whatever you have to accept the fact that Tech will never be more than an average program. So the question Tech fans need to ask themselves is if they want to be elite, or if they want to continue to be different.

With all of that said, there’s still no proof that Tech is processing kids anyway. There’s no proof that CPJ or other previous staffs didn’t. You don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. Don’t act like you do. (Not you specifically Mac, but you as a general term.) “Processing” happens every where from Ohio State to Reinhardt, some places do it dirtier than others. It’s not a new phenomenon, and it’s not new to Tech either. You don’t think there’s been a single player “processed” out since the Dodd days? You’re insane.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I would guess all 3 will have GT degrees. King and Hansen are close to graduating and Wells walked on to begin with, so ultimately, he got a year of school paid for and will always have the great moments from 2018 like the game winner vs uva.

Wells had a great year in 2018, something to remember.

Tift-Tech

Jolly Good Fellow

Don’t feed the troll. Says the same crap in every thread.

Edit: Not referring to you Mac!