So who do we FSU this year?

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
We all know it's coming. We almost always lose one we shouldn't and win one we shouldn't. Sometimes it's not clear who these were until the season is over. I think (hope) Pitt was the loss that should not have been. The two prime candidates for the win are VT and UNC; both on the road. UNC is the most likely given our usual brain fart against VT, but beating VT on the road comes closest to being another FSU.

Please don't let uga, rather than Pitt, be the one we should have won and didn't like in 2009 and 2006 and a dozen other times in the last 40 years..

MountPGT1990

Banned
VT will beat us by 21+, that game could be more like 42-14. I think we have less than 1% chance to beat the Hokies in Blacksburg. They are steamrolling good teams right now and Bud Foster has owned CPJ.

UNC game will probably be very similar to Pitt, no defense high scoring.

Uga will do just enough to beat us by 7-21 points.

Duke is probably the only decent win we have left on our schedule.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not talking about what should happen given our competition. Your analysis is spot on, but usually there is that one game where a distortion in the football ether gives us the spooky, unexplainable win. Navy got theirs this week. VT would seem the likely candidate simply because it should not happen.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not talking about what should happen given our competition. Your analysis is spot on, but usually there is that one game where a distortion in the football ether gives us the spooky, unexplainable win. Navy got theirs this week. VT would seem the likely candidate simply because it should not happen.
I think GT has a better chance of beating UGAG than beating Virginia Tech or North Carolina. I think as of now VT and UNC are a better team than UGAG

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Hey would could luck out and it be a rainy game against UNC. I’m with you though redmule and think it’ll be VT. I have a hard time seeing us win but that would be the one game our defense shows up for no reason whatsoever.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think UGAG is a 7-5 type team this season and GT could knock Georgia into the Texas Bowl when the Jackets sting them in Athens.
I hate uga but looking at their schedule I don't see them going 7-5 . Vandy, Florida ( maybe but no offense) Kentucky, Auburn ( could lose) Ul Layette I just don't see them losing to these teams other than maybe Auburn.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I hate uga but looking at their schedule I don't see them going 7-5 . Vandy, Florida ( maybe but no offense) Kentucky, Auburn ( could lose) Ul Layette I just don't see them losing to these teams other than maybe Auburn.
Right now i see Florida,Auburn and GT beating UGAG. Kirby Goff will be taking some heat in 2017.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Right now i see Florida,Auburn and GT beating UGAG. Kirby Goff will be taking some heat in 2017.

UGA is not very good right now. They could lose or win their remaining games. South Carolina is not an impressive win they are the BC of the SEC solid defense and no offense

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
UGA is not very good right now. They could lose or win their remaining games. South Carolina is not an impressive win they are the BC of the SEC solid defense and no offense
Eason is as stiff as a statue and will take a beating with UGAG's questionable offensive line.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Eason is as stiff as a statue and will take a beating with UGAG's questionable offensive line.
Until he faces GT then he will look like a heisman contender. There will be receivers running wide open all over the middle of the field. We will do nothing to try and confuse him pre-snap, bring zero pressure ,and make things as comfortable as possible for him.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I think (hope) Pitt was the loss that should not have been.

I think Pitt is better than people are giving them credit for being. Okie St came back to beat 'em after like a 3-hr lightening delay before which Pitt was up on them. UNC converted three 4th downs at home to win by a point on the final drive as time expired.

I could see us beating Georgia and losing to Duke or something like that though.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
On Eason:

I watched him yesterday. He's a frosh alright. He is fairly easy to rattle and makes some questionable decisions. The main thing = he flings the ball. He's just like Nesbitt on that. When he has a short throw he tends to sidearm the ball, just like Josh did. And, like Josh, the only time you see him step into a throw is when he throws deep. If we gloom on to that, we can have some chances to pick him off.

I think we need to get a win this weekend, take a day or two off, then get ready for the last four. I think we can beat Puke, UNC, and the Dwags. Problem = UNC and Ugag are like Pitt and Miami; we are pretty closely matched with them and the ball has to bounce our way for once. The Turkies look to be a much better team then they were last year and it's up there. We'll see.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
On Eason:

I watched him yesterday. He's a frosh alright. He is fairly easy to rattle and makes some questionable decisions. The main thing = he flings the ball. He's just like Nesbitt on that. When he has a short throw he tends to sidearm the ball, just like Josh did. And, like Josh, the only time you see him step into a throw is when he throws deep. If we gloom on to that, we can have some chances to pick him off.

I think we need to get a win this weekend, take a day or two off, then get ready for the last four. I think we can beat Puke, UNC, and the Dwags. Problem = UNC and Ugag are like Pitt and Miami; we are pretty closely matched with them and the ball has to bounce our way for once. The Turkies look to be a much better team then they were last year and it's up there. We'll see.
This is the best VT team since the one that played Stanford in the 2011 Orange Bowl. It's amazing the impact that Justin Fuente has had in his first season,i wouldn't be surprised if VT goes 10-2

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Florida is going to beat Georgia, and I think we might too. That would put them at 8-4...sounds about right. I don't think they'll lose to anyone else unless they get a tough bowl matchup.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Florida is going to beat Georgia, and I think we might too. That would put them at 8-4...sounds about right. I don't think they'll lose to anyone else unless they get a tough bowl matchup.
I think Auburn will beat UGAG also. There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth in the Bulldawg Nation when Georgia is possibly 7-6 after their Bowl Game. Georgia's defense is horrible and so is their offensive line.