So this cargo plane

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It was an old commercial airliner. Most likely an DC-10 or MD-11. I've flown it home from several Middle Eastern deployments. It's a true cattle car experience. They pack you in like sardines. It's not meant for comfort. It's built to efficiently move a lot of people a long way. Usually all coach class seating. Zero entertainment systems or WIFI. The seats are smaller than anything you'll find on any Delta jet. Limited seat pitch on the ones I was in. It's not a good experience unless you are on your way home from a Middle East deployment. I have no idea where they expected 300 pound linemen to sit. I doubt any of them could even wedge into those seats. It's not a cargo plane though. I'm very glad our Coach cared enough about his players to get this changed. They deserve better representing our school.

You think recruits never read this board? You guys are doing more negative recruiting than any opposing coach ever could. This forum made up the cargo plane nonsense and keeps mentioning it in multiple threads.
Made up??? Once again, I ask, did you read the article?
".... Omni Air — a low-budget carrier that made its mark in transporting cargo..."
We are not doing negative recruiting. We are saying as Tech fans that we demand better for our athletes than what MBob was apparently willing to provide.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Do you even have a clue as to how that could be used against Tech in recruiting? Do you seriously think a recruit would even consider coming to a school who was unwilling to provide more for the players making this trip?
Yes, we understand it would be bad and used against us, that's kind of why we switched it. Nobody is arguing it wasn't a bush league move to try and book that to save a few bucks, just that we should probably stop using the factually incorrect term that our rivals are going to use against us. We fixed the problem here, it makes no sense to beat up the current admin for dumb decisions the last guy made.

ramblin' wagon

Georgia Tech Fan
Made up??? Once again, I ask, did you read the article?
".... Omni Air — a low-budget carrier that made its mark in transporting cargo..."
We are not doing negative recruiting. We are saying as Tech fans that we demand better for our athletes than what MBob was apparently willing to provide

Delta, American, Southwest, and everyone else transports cargo. I already said we are better than Omni Air.

Yes, we understand it would be bad and used against us, that's kind of why we switched it. Nobody is arguing it wasn't a bush league move to try and book that to save a few bucks, just that we should probably stop using the factually incorrect term that our rivals are going to use against us. We fixed the problem here, it makes no sense to beat up the current admin for dumb decisions the last guy made.
I don't think anyone is beating up the current administration. It was all MBob, and fortunately somebody stood up to him and got it fixed.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Here is a link to the article that the cargo plane nonsense came from

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-was-dysfunction-junction-under-bobins/nsCmC/

Go ahead, actually read the article and comprehend it.

Nowhere does it say the plane was a cargo plane. Omni Air has passenger aircraft. Sure some of them are old. They don't fly our military personnel into Afghanistan. They do fly our troops from the US to Kuwait on chartered flights. Transport into theater for US military is only by military aircraft. Which brings me to my next point.

No ****. That is what riding on a C-17 or C-130 is. I have flown Omni Air from the US to Kuwait and then C-17 to Afghanistan and done the reverse back. I am not advocating flying with Omni but you *******es have successfully perpetuated the myth that we were gonna put our players on a cargo plane like cattle. Good job.

You are right. I'm not personally familiar with Omni. The article sure as hell described the plane, from an insiders perspective, as entirely sub par. In a major media outlet. Even you, in your outrage against our outrage, admit that carrier is completely beneath what our guys deserve. It's beneath what the band deserves! Im also suspicious that the Preston may have been aware of this stupid plan before it got nixed.

As far as myself or anyone else being a ******* for expressing our animosity to this, well you can piss off. I will be vocal about my displeasure. And be assured recruits are gonna hear about this stupidity whether we recognize it here and speak about it or not. It's in the major media now and our opposition will use it against us without doubt anyway.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
You are right. I'm not personally familiar with Omni. The article sure as hell described the plane, from an insiders perspective, as entirely sub par. In a major media outlet. Even you, in your outrage against our outrage, admit that carrier is completely beneath what our guys deserve. It's beneath what the band deserves! Im also suspicious that the Preston may have been aware of this stupid plan before it got nixed.

As far as myself or anyone else being a ******* for expressing our animosity to this, well you can piss off. I will be vocal about my displeasure. And be assured recruits are gonna hear about this stupidity whether we recognize it here and speak about it or not. It's in the major media now and our opposition will use it against us without doubt anyway.
He did not have a problem with your outrage. His problem lies with your inaccurate depiction of what the problem actually was. You and many other people continued to call it a cargo plane. It is not. He never said you shouldn't be outraged but his is trying to point out you are making it look much worse than it actually is. The point is very ironic in that you are worried by outside perception but by your own inaccuracies, or inability to comprehend, are making it worse.

ramblin' wagon

Georgia Tech Fan

You should voice your displeasure. You shouldn't misquote or falsely depict the situation.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@zhavenor
I'm most pissed that our decision makers thought so little of our own damn students. I don't give a crap if it's a converted cargo plane or not. If you think our opposition needs the help of this board to negatively recruit us you are crazy.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
@zhavenor
I'm most pissed that our decision makers thought so little of our own damn students. I don't give a crap if it's a converted cargo plane or not. If you think our opposition needs the help of this board to negatively recruit us you are crazy.
I understand. I can just see the point he was trying to make. It just seemed like you two were talking at each other and I thought I would try to bring you to together. I don't think you are really in disagreement large scheme. Sorry if I came off a little to much.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
There are many other things other schools can use against us in recruiting, besides Tech popping in rows of seats into a plane, cargo or otherwise, for a game on another continent

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Ok.....from now on I will call it a POS dilapidated plane, incredibly uncomfortable, unable to seat many of our lineman, without a single amenity. That work better for you?

Well that would have been more accurate than calling it a cargo plane with passenger seats installed in a section. Which it wasn't.

Just saying.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Why many are not discussing what REALLY sent CPJ and others over the edge? It's when they caught wind that MBob and others were not flying with the same company or the same plane as the team

Not only do he have to go.. He had to GO!!!
This sounds more like a nice forced out. CPJ won feel sorry for Patsner though, he left in the wind.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I don't think anyone is beating up the current administration. It was all MBob, and fortunately somebody stood up to him and got it fixed.
This may have already been addressed this morning or even last night but I caught MBob on the radio on the way home from work yesterday. He said that the Omni air travel arrangement was made by the event organizer. After GT found out about the airplane that was lined up, GT fought it. It took awhile to get the organizer's attention but it was resolved within the past week to GT's satisfaction.