So this cargo plane

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Just repeating, Francis.

What was it and were Peterson and the elites on it?

If you think we can just negate this by saying what you said, well never mind.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
The company that we bought the tickets from started with using cargo planes and moving cargo. The plane itself was not a cargo plane. It does seem like it is a discount airline though.

Henrymcg

Georgia Tech Fan
FLEET_B777_Int.jpg

ramblin' wagon

Georgia Tech Fan
Here is a link to the article that the cargo plane nonsense came from

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-was-dysfunction-junction-under-bobins/nsCmC/

Go ahead, actually read the article and comprehend it.

Bobinski’s soldiers in the Tech administration originally cut a deal that the Jackets would travel to Dublin, not by a major airline like Delta or (title sponsor) Aer Lingus, but Omni Air, a low-budget carrier that made its mark in transporting cargo and more recently focused on military charter flights to garden spots like Afghanistan.

Nowhere does it say the plane was a cargo plane. Omni Air has passenger aircraft. Sure some of them are old. They don't fly our military personnel into Afghanistan. They do fly our troops from the US to Kuwait on chartered flights. Transport into theater for US military is only by military aircraft. Which brings me to my next point.

a cargo plane with passenger seats installed in a section is still just a cargo plane.

No ****. That is what riding on a C-17 or C-130 is. I have flown Omni Air from the US to Kuwait and then C-17 to Afghanistan and done the reverse back. I am not advocating flying with Omni but you *******es have successfully perpetuated the myth that we were gonna put our players on a cargo plane like cattle. Good job.

Here is a link to the article that the cargo plane nonsense came from

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-was-dysfunction-junction-under-bobins/nsCmC/

Go ahead, actually read the article and comprehend it.

Nowhere does it say the plane was a cargo plane. Omni Air has passenger aircraft. Sure some of them are old. They don't fly our military personnel into Afghanistan. They do fly our troops from the US to Kuwait on chartered flights. Transport into theater for US military is only by military aircraft. Which brings me to my next point.

No ****. That is what riding on a C-17 or C-130 is. I have flown Omni Air from the US to Kuwait and then C-17 to Afghanistan and done the reverse back. I am not advocating flying with Omni but you *******es have successfully perpetuated the myth that we were gonna put our players on a cargo plane like cattle. Good job.
Did you read the article ?

".... Omni Air — a low-budget carrier that made its mark in transporting cargo and more recently focused on military charter flights to garden spots like Afghanistan.
The plane that Omni was going to provide for an eight-hour flight from Atlanta to Dublin for Tech’s players, coaches, marching band members and cheerleaders did not have WiFi, in-flight entertainment or anything in the way of amenities. The plane also included several rows of seats where the armrests didn’t go up, which can be a major problem for 300-plus pound linemen, and at the time of a recent visit reportedly smelled like a garbage dumpster.
'A tin can,' is how one Tech source described it."

It's rediculous to think of what he tried to set up as transportation- even worse when you find out when BC gets to the isles and when our guys will get in!
When does the BC team get there? I have wondered all along why on earth we are not leaving till after practice on Wednesday. That means an early Thursday arrival, with virtually no time for rest, and certainly no time to enjoy the Ireland experience. It sounds like for our team, it won't be much different from a visit to Athens, except they will have jet lag.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you read the article ?

".... Omni Air — a low-budget carrier that made its mark in transporting cargo and more recently focused on military charter flights to garden spots like Afghanistan.
The plane that Omni was going to provide for an eight-hour flight from Atlanta to Dublin for Tech’s players, coaches, marching band members and cheerleaders did not have WiFi, in-flight entertainment or anything in the way of amenities. The plane also included several rows of seats where the armrests didn’t go up, which can be a major problem for 300-plus pound linemen, and at the time of a recent visit reportedly smelled like a garbage dumpster.
'A tin can,' is how one Tech source described it."
But it's not a cargo plane, so everything's fine...(sarcasm off)...

ramblin' wagon

Georgia Tech Fan
Obviously you are not a student. Even if that were considered frivolous (and I don't consider it to be), the seats with no armrests should be a no-go for anyone.

I graduated 2008 BSME. My whole point was that it has been mentioned multiple times on this forum that we were gonna put out players on a cargo plane and that is a gross exaggeration. I have flown on Omni and on an actual cargo plane. There is a difference. We shouldn't fly Omni because we are better than that. Maybe I wasn't clear about that the first time.

ramblin' wagon

Georgia Tech Fan
Do you even have a clue as to how that could be used against Tech in recruiting? Do you seriously think a recruit would even consider coming to a school who was unwilling to provide more for the players making this trip?

You think recruits never read this board? You guys are doing more negative recruiting than any opposing coach ever could. This forum made up the cargo plane nonsense and keeps mentioning it in multiple threads.