So, should we withdraw the appeal on post season ban?

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
With all of the crack-downs that were supposed to be going on we seem to get the harshest penalties, that affects players who weren't around when it happened. Sorry for James and Shembari. It is the best decision though. A shame NCAA never responded...they may have forgone the post season ban. We'll never know.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
With all of the crack-downs that were supposed to be going on we seem to get the harshest penalties, that affects players who weren't around when it happened. Sorry for James and Shembari. It is the best decision though. A shame NCAA never responded...they may have forgone the post season ban. We'll never know.

Nah. Unfortunately for us, their mission is to punish schools that cooperate.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
GT didn't pull out of the ACC Tournament. Once they decided to take the NCAA post-season ban they were ineligible by ACC rule to compete in the ACC Tourney. Like many conferences the ACC has a rule that if you are ineligible to play in the NCAA post-season tournaments you are ineligible to play in the conference tournament.

Conferences do this to protect the auto-bid. If an ineligible team ends up winning the tournament and the auto bid that is an issue for conferences where they could prevent another team from using that auto-bid. That is potentially a very lucrative item so conferences don't want to lose it.

We could have played in it this year. As long as the postseason ban is under appeal, we could've played. By dropping the appeal, we dropped out of the only guaranteed tournament we were to play in, the ACC championship tournament.

Deleted member 2897

Did Louisville get a post season ban for strippergate? If so, was it just one year like ours, or was it more?

Even more, they were caught paying Brian Bowen $100,000 while they were on probation for the strippers. Yet here we are with the program continuing to hum along.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Even more, they were caught paying Brian Bowen $100,000 while they were on probation for the strippers. Yet here we are with the program continuing to hum along.

So pretty much, they are saying that a $300 strip club visit is just as bad as $100k + paying prostitutes to come have sex with the recruits and players.

A wise man once said "**** the NCAA". I'm kind of disappointed we're not suing.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It may come to the P5 teams pulling out of the NCAA and forming their own athletic association. There is plenty of TV money there and would still have a great BB tournament. The NCAA is supposedly run by the presidents but most of the big programs are really run by the athletic associations who dictate policy to the presidents. Just ask UNC how it works.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
So pretty much, they are saying that a $300 strip club visit is just as bad as $100k + paying prostitutes to come have sex with the recruits and players.

A wise man once said "**** the NCAA". I'm kind of disappointed we're not suing.

It’s not final that we’re not suing. If the NCAA denies our appeal on the other penalties, we still may.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Suing, even if you are right isn't always beneficial. In this case we might just want to put that situation behind us and move forward.

Also, the post season ban was the part I thought was most egregious in light of some of the other stuff going on. Now that we are deciding to serve it this year I feel less like suing could undo some great travesty. I don't think the rest of the sanctions are that out of line considering what happened.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
How can the NCAA ban us from a tournament they have nothing to do with? Not doubting you but just seems like that would be something outside of their purview.
The NCAA doesn’t technically sanction FBS bowl games or the CFP but can still ban teams from participating in them