So, should we withdraw the appeal on post season ban?

slugboy

Staff member
How can the NCAA ban us from a tournament they have nothing to do with? Not doubting you but just seems like that would be something outside of their purview.

The competition penalty says “the men’s basketball program will end its season with its final regular season contest...”. It doesn’t mention the NIT, it does mention the ACC tournament and the NCAA tournament, but it says to stop playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We could have played in it this year. As long as the postseason ban is under appeal, we could've played. By dropping the appeal, we dropped out of the only guaranteed tournament we were to play in, the ACC championship tournament.

What if we had played, lost in the first round and then the NCAA decided to deny the appeal for all postseason activity next season when we have a decent shot at a tourney bid? It wasn't worth the risk.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
What if we had played, lost in the first round and then the NCAA decided to deny the appeal for all postseason activity next season when we have a decent shot at a tourney bid? It wasn't worth the risk.

Since you want to play the what if game...

What if we won the ACC tourney (very possible this year) and then went on to make the Final Four and play on Monday night in our own backyard??

Point is, if if's and buts were candy and nuts......

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

What if we won the ACC tourney (very possible this year) and then went on to make the Final Four and play on Monday night in our own backyard??

The difference of course, is my "what if" is actually possible, not to mention likely.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Not just any person but Zelnak who has put more money in the AA than pretty much anyone I know - certainly recently. Now he is just a "stupid booster". :rolleyes:
Well if you think Pastner would somehow not be called as a witness, then his AJC article is genius....

The problem is, Pastner is knee deep in the Ron Bell crap...So while that article was great....No Way they go to court just to have CJP on the witness stand to tell on himself or the GTAA....Thus a no brainer ...to withdrawl after the AJC article was published.... Time for a new men's basketball coach the Coach Gregory 2.0 is getting old even without the Ron Bell Saga!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Anything is possible, but very unlikely we were winning the ACCT and astronomically unlikely we would make the Final Four. The most likely scenario is we win a couple games in the ACCT and go to the NIT. Then, the postseason ban is applied to next year and everyone transfers and we start the major rebuild over.

This way, we finish strong and our players are excited to come back and make a run at the big dance next year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Anything is possible, but very unlikely we were winning the ACCT and astronomically unlikely we would make the Final Four. The most likely scenario is we win a couple games in the ACCT and go to the NIT. Then, the postseason ban is applied to next year and everyone transfers and we start the major rebuild over.

This way, we finish strong and our players are excited to come back and make a run at the big dance next year.
I think last night was the first example of the wisdom of taking the ban now. The team played with passion last night, but also showed we have flaws as a team and would likely not go far in the postseason. There are a lot of talented players on this team and we will be much better next year.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Suing, even if you are right isn't always beneficial. In this case we might just want to put that situation behind us and move forward.

Also, the post season ban was the part I thought was most egregious in light of some of the other stuff going on. Now that we are deciding to serve it this year I feel less like suing could undo some great travesty. I don't think the rest of the sanctions are that out of line considering what happened.
IMO the post season ban was the least onerous of the penalties. What’s still being appealed are sanctions that will impact the program for the next 4 years.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And if if’s were touchdowns, U(sic)GA would be the post season national football champions every year.

FIFY.

I think giving up the challenge was the right long term thing to do. This team absorbs the loss and we can move forward without the ban hanging over us. Wouldn't have won the appeal since we aren't a big enough program.

How can we f over the NCAA?