So on to NCSU ...

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
As for Turn Overs, my sense/eyeball test was that early on in the game when the bench was playing, we found ways to get shots up. Some were really bad shots (really bricks) like Shembari's 3 but they were at least shots instead of TOs. As Jose took the game over we reverted to our more "normal" pattern of TOs.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
But we are the same team that lost at home to Notre Dame. Sagarin ranks ND as the number 9 team in the conference. I had hope until that game. Some teams just don't know how to win, and that is us. Cremins was no basketball genius, but somehow, his teams knew how to win. I can't explain it, I only know what I see.

with bobby is was all about chemistry and putting his players in position to make plays they are capable of making.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i solved connell62. i put him on ignore the day he became as uk fan over gt. so im not the only one who had to deal with unsavory. i love it when i do right things right.

Can someone please translate this for me? My best guess is that he ignored me, but I have no idea what he is referring to about me being a UK fan.

Last edited:

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Remember, he rates Go Buckeyes equal to Go Jackets, so dual loyalty is something he can spot unerringly.

I think that is why I'm so confused...Assuming that he was referring to me, I've never said a thing about being a fan of Kentucky.

In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. Perhaps he got me confused with someone else or his buddy is filling his head full of misconceptions.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think he does have a quick hook with the bigs. He went to EC early the past couple of games because of stupid mistakes by Moses or James. With Khalid reasserting himself, I suspect we see him get Usher more quickly if he plays outta control. The exception is really Mike and/or Jose, and that’s simply because there’s such a big drop off offensively.
No problem sitting guys when they make bad plays that have been covered in practice. The bench time should then be used for coaching what they did wrong and not punishment. Otherwise guys start being hesitant and afraid they will make a mistake. Quickness is so important.

slugboy

Staff member
No problem sitting guys when they make bad plays that have been covered in practice. The bench time should then be used for coaching what they did wrong and not punishment. Otherwise guys start being hesitant and afraid they will make a mistake. Quickness is so important.
I used to see Friedgen do that with Godsey (wrong forum, I know). He'd pull him for a series or at least a set of downs, put Crenshaw in, and somebody would be talking to Godsey and resetting him. But you could tell whoever was on the sidelines was getting coached.
I think our basketball assistants are doing that on the sidelines too, or at least I hope so.