So if JO5 leaves us, what comes next? Do we have a target for his spot?

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
We are going to have to hope that very young players either take the next step (Jose) or can come in and produce from day 1 (Davoe). Our front court scares me to death and yet again we are looking at another very long year.

Tech has got to find a way to get out of this. its nearly 8 years since even a bid and 14 years since the last sweet 16. Most of the high schoolers have no clue how good this school used to be in basketball.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
We are going to have to hope that very young players either take the next step (Jose) or can come in and produce from day 1 (Davoe). Our front court scares me to death and yet again we are looking at another very long year.

Tech has got to find a way to get out of this. its nearly 8 years since even a bid and 14 years since the last sweet 16. Most of the high schoolers have no clue how good this school used to be in basketball.
Dude Pastner is going into his 3rd season and signed our best class since 2012. Things are looking way up imo and I’m willing to bet we make the tournament in the next few years and Pastner is able to continue that hypothetical success similar to Virginia.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

*Devoe

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Dude Pastner is going into his 3rd season and signed our best class since 2012. Things are looking way up imo and I’m willing to bet we make the tournament in the next few years and Pastner is able to continue that hypothetical success similar to Virginia.

Let’s pump the brakes on comparing ourselves to Virginia. That is a pretty tall order in this point of the rebuild. You’re talking a top 15 program nationally right now. Lets aspire to be Kansas St first, as awful as that sounds

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Let’s pump the brakes on comparing ourselves to Virginia. That is a pretty tall order in this point of the rebuild. You’re talking a top 15 program nationally right now. Lets aspire to be Kansas St first, as awful as that sounds
Only point was it took time at Virginia to get the ball rolling I’m waiting to judge until Jose is an upper classman.

As good as Josh played and he played well, he did come out of no where as 3* recruit. Devoe is a legitit stud player. Our guard play next year is going to save us. We need our young post players to break even on the stat sheet. If they can just hold their own we are going to be a pleasant surprise. We should be a vastly better shooting team. We can be a bubble team. I can see this team breaking hearts this year.

As good as Josh played and he played well, he did come out of no where as 3* recruit. Devoe is a legitit stud player. Our guard play next year is going to save us. We need our young post players to break even on the stat sheet. If they can just hold their own we are going to be a pleasant surprise. We should be a vastly better shooting team. We can be a bubble team. I can see this team breaking hearts this year.
No slamming on Josh. He is a tremendous talent and is proof, if you put your mind to a goal and you have the tools and ave to obtain that goal you can do it at Tech. I appreciate what he has provided for the basketball program, but his departure is at position we can absorb the blow easier. We have talent waiting to play at the guard position. We can replace his points and rebounds with a couple of players. We finally have a talented back court for once. We have Acc level ball handlers and shooters. I remember thinking one day on my we just lost Ed Nelson as a leaving to go to fing ucon. Man he was Fr of the year, a rebounding mfer, this sucks. Or when we lost that kid to Colorado another Fr of the year. I really feel we have someone that is going to step up!!

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
No slamming on Josh. He is a tremendous talent and is proof, if you put your mind to a goal and you have the tools and ave to obtain that goal you can do it at Tech. I appreciate what he has provided for the basketball program, but his departure is at position we can absorb the blow easier. We have talent waiting to play at the guard position. We can replace his points and rebounds with a couple of players. We finally have a talented back court for once. We have Acc level ball handlers and shooters. I remember thinking one day on my we just lost Ed Nelson as a leaving to go to fing ucon. Man he was Fr of the year, a rebounding mfer, this sucks. Or when we lost that kid to Colorado another Fr of the year. I really feel we have someone that is going to step up!!

Martice Moore