So how do people feel about Brent Key and Geoff Collins-

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Not what he was asking........the question is do you pull the offer from the lower commits because a higher level recruit wants to commit.......i.e. be like Bama......or do you honor the commits.

I think I got what he was getting at, in general. Considering Collins honored the commitments from the previous staff, I am sure he will honor his own offers, as well. But again, players flip because they are playing the recruiting game, too, and trying to put themselves in the best position as far as playing time, etc. is concerned. It shouldn't be assumed that every kid who "flips" his committment to a lesser program had his offer straight up pulled...even at Bama.

Animal02

Banned
I think I got what he was getting at, in general. Considering Collins honored the commitments from the previous staff, I am sure he will honor his own offers, as well. But again, players flip because they are playing the recruiting game, too, and trying to put themselves in the best position as far as playing time, etc. is concerned. It shouldn't be assumed that every kid who "flips" his committment to a lesser program had his offer straight up pulled...even at Bama.
You are still dancing around the question.
Do you approve of yanking a lower commits scholly offer because a higher level recruit wants a scholly when none are left? Yes or No ....it has NOTHING wrt to a recruit flipping......it has EVERYTHING to do with Tech honoring the offer when a recruit commits.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
You are still dancing around the question.
Do you approve of yanking a lower commits scholly offer because a higher level recruit wants a scholly when none are left? Yes or No ....it has NOTHING wrt to a recruit flipping......it has EVERYTHING to do with Tech honoring the offer when a recruit commits.

You honor it. I am just pointing out the much more common scenario than what you are asking about. Now, if a recruit is committed but doesn't sign in the early period when he has the chance, I dont have a problem offering his scholly to someone else. CPJ did it that way, too.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Wait and see.

There are a ton of overly optimistic people on this board right now. The things that cause recruits to select factories are still true today....academics, "the ratio", entrance requirements, narrowness of curriculum....so until I actually see the remarkable improvement many seem to expect, I will hold my opinions.I hope it happens, I will be rooting for it...but I will not be surprised if GT remains...GT.

I want GT return to being pre Gailey GT. To remain would be to stay below our potential. No good.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
o9rGWqP.jpg

The Marquis of Queensbury rules will be observed on all occasions. Now shake hands and come out fighting
My favorite movie of all time [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I was listening to Podcast #16, during an interview with Key, Key said about coming back to Georgia Tech,

"Georgia Tech created a lot of the things I am very proud of today and made me who I am today".

I couldn't agree more and use that on the recruiting trips when you talk to the kids.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Concept is over your head.......got it.
Are all offers the same?
Could some be w conditions?
Could some be verbal only.?

Players are often waiting for better - flip me offer.

Stuff like this could get smarmy if taken to far.
Smarmy doesn't sell to well overtime.

Integrity wins every time .
Being stupid w offers loses everytime.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm optimistic that Coach Collins is a good fit for us and that Coach Key will improve our OL and recruiting. A good OL removes the need to out-scheme anyone. A good D removes the need to score eleventy points every game.