Smelter!!!

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Smelter has everything NFL guys are looking for except field stretching speed. He gets out of his breaks really well, has great hands, uses his body extremely well, can go up to get the football, and is very physical. There was not a single CB on the schedule this year that even came close to slowing him down one on one. He will create problems for defenses at the next level too. Just heal up young man and do your rehab......
Fred Biletnikoff showed it is not all speed. It is smarts and ability to control the D. And catch the ball when it is in your vicinity. Smelter seems to have all of that plus blocking. I hope he fully recovers . He should be a good one.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Smelter - like JT can read the future during the play by looking at the defenders position. On a pass play smelter knew when to start the break so that at JT could start the throw. These two were very good this year. Smelter only worked out for football speed the past two years. IMO his upside is high with good surgery and great rehab.
In the team locker room they have a room off to side where invited gt greats and pros come to work out when in Atlanta. Maybe he could use one of the spare ones for inspiration.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching this just made me want to see him play even more for Tech. Too bad we did not have him for more than two years. And FSU and the bowl. He is a game changer! Wish you all the best DeAndre in your recovery. Know that the Swarm nation will be cheering you on and will be in your corner wherever you are playing on Sundays.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When I watch stuff like that, all I can do is think about how much fun it would be to be a WR in this offense, especially if I were good. CPJ's offense gets a really bad rap in terms of WR play. We should que up that reel every time we have a WR recruit waffling or wondering. Deandre got a chance to show the NFLers that he can block like a man AND that NOBODY could stop him alone in coverage. What a great platform to start advertizing your package for the league.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
When I watch stuff like that, all I can do is think about how much fun it would be to be a WR in this offense, especially if I were good. CPJ's offense gets a really bad rap in terms of WR play. We should que up that reel every time we have a WR recruit waffling or wondering. Deandre got a chance to show the NFLers that he can block like a man AND that NOBODY could stop him alone in coverage. What a great platform to start advertizing your package for the league.
Very well said. This offense is actually great at showcasing WRs. You should post this in the WR recruiting threads as well in the hope that our Wr recruits and their families and coaches absorb this info and can combat and resist the Cutcliffe like negative recruiting spiel against CPJs spread offense.

To add to your positives look at how many 3rd and 4th and longs Smelter converted. Huge drive saving plays running "possession receiver" routes to keep the offense humming. Obviously WRs in any offense also get first down receptions on 3rd and longs but my point is that basically all the typical ways to show off your specific skills can still be found in Tech's offense, and a couple of really critical skills get magnified here, such as blocking and physicality.