Smelter Highlight Vid

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nobody has shown yet that they can cover him one on one, not a single CB on the schedule, and we have gone up against some good ones. One thing I love about our offense is the guarantee that we'll have single coverage on our WRs in the passing game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nobody has shown yet that they can cover him one on one, not a single CB on the schedule, and we have gone up against some good ones. One thing I love about our offense is the guarantee that we'll have single coverage on our WRs in the passing game.
Didn't Iowa play man with 2 deep safeties in the '09 OB?

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Smelter had to be the most clutch player we've had around in a long time. He always seemed to make the big play when we needed it. He will be a HUGE steal in the draft. His weaknesses don't seem to be unfixable and you can't teach size and physicality. 11" hands is unheard of where I come from. Very high football IQ and just seems to really love being a playmaker.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Smelter had to be the most clutch player we've had around in a long time. He always seemed to make the big play when we needed it. He will be a HUGE steal in the draft. His weaknesses don't seem to be unfixable and you can't teach size and physicality. 11" hands is unheard of where I come from. Very high football IQ and just seems to really love being a playmaker.
Somebody educate me: how are the hands measured? little finger to thumb? wrist to index finger?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think they do both. But the listed 11" is from wrist to index finger I believe. If it's from pinky to thumb my hands are over 9" and that just doesn't seem correct
This article says pinky to thumb.

To measure your hand like the pros, place your hand palm down on a flat surface and stretch your fingers as far as possible. The measurement is from the outside of your thumb to the outside of your pinky finger.

Btw, mine are 10.5

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/nfl_combine_how_do_you_measure.html

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
This article says pinky to thumb.

To measure your hand like the pros, place your hand palm down on a flat surface and stretch your fingers as far as possible. The measurement is from the outside of your thumb to the outside of your pinky finger.

Btw, mine are 10.5

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/02/nfl_combine_how_do_you_measure.html
Ok so this 11" doesn't seem very large to me then. Hearing that Big Darren Wallers hands are only 9 and some change is weird. I haven't measured mine with a ruler but just guessing they are over 9" for sure. I'm about 6'1.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Yep and dominated highly touted Kendall Fuller. Anything after the 2nd round is gonna be a bargain for Smelter if he can fully recover from his injury.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think they do both. But the listed 11" is from wrist to index finger I believe. If it's from pinky to thumb my hands are over 9" and that just doesn't seem correct
Thanks. I measured mine at nine inches little finger to thumb. Just confirms my HS coach's observation that it was hard to sling the ball downfield with small hands. I proved him right.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Ok so this 11" doesn't seem very large to me then. Hearing that Big Darren Wallers hands are only 9 and some change is weird. I haven't measured mine with a ruler but just guessing they are over 9" for sure. I'm about 6'1.
But how girthy are your hands?