Slow motion video GT v Pitt

alagold

Helluva Engineer
My guess is that since we've had such a hard time getting to the MLB, we've made less effort with the chip on the LOS in order to have a better angle at the MLB who is actually the primary assignment. Somebody else is supposed to get that DT. I'm sure he's not supposed to be unblocked.

I'm sorry Cheese but there is no excuse for not blocking a 310 DT ON THE LOS in the hole and going after a 230 lb LB 3 yds off the LOS when all you need is a yd.The only guy that can stop our bback FOR NO GAIN is a guy ON THE LOS

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I think after the game CPJ said he would still attempt the 4th and 1 if he had to do it all over again, but run a different play instead. Didn't like the call at all as it was happening... With the penetration Pitt was getting all day, I didn't like the idea of giving the ball to someone lined up 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, especially to the weak side. As they broke the huddle, l was hoping CPJ would call a QB sneak; with JT under center (and practically at the LOS), it would have only been a couple yards of forward movement to get the first down. That's a savings of 2-3 steps plus the split second of time not having to make the handoff exchange. With the way the toss sweep was working, that might have been a good call. But, having been burned on that play all afternoon, would Pitt's defense have been expecting it and ready for it?