Sims Injury?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
AJC reports Yates expected to start.

The reason he's starting may or may not be because Sims is injured, but he's earned it nonetheless.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
**** happens. Maybe the RB squeezed a little too hard. How many QB's fumbled last week?

I don't understand our fans. Seriously.
Seriously, it was an unforced error. Does that make me some sore of "covid fan"?

Maybe the running back squeezed too hard, maybe Sims made a bad read, maybe he sneezed, maybe...

It was a turnover.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
As long as sims gets some reps during the game then it doesn’t matter to me. I imagine sims starts against Clemson but you just can’t throw him in the fire against Clemson, get him some reps vs KSU to get him back in the feel of things.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Sounds like Sims isn’t 100%.

I prefer Yates to start and hope he does well. If he does not, we need a healthy Sims to take over. The alternative(s) is not good.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As long as sims gets some reps during the game then it doesn’t matter to me. I imagine sims starts against Clemson but you just can’t throw him in the fire against Clemson, get him some reps vs KSU to get him back in the feel of things.

Whomever starts against Clemson doesn't matter. Both QBs need to share the pain.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Sims needs to play this week if he's going to play against Clemson. I don't think it'd be good for him to step back in after a poor performance against NIU and have his first snaps be in Death Valley

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Seriously, it was an unforced error. Does that make me some sore of "covid fan"?

Maybe the running back squeezed too hard, maybe Sims made a bad read, maybe he sneezed, maybe...

It was a turnover.
Unforced error on who? QB? RB? Did you ever play option football? A fumble like that isn’t necessarily on the QB. Unless you know what happened in the mesh (which you don’t), stop throwing stones.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, I was an option QB in high school.

I have experience with the mesh. According to my coaches, if the ball hit the ground it was my fault no matter what. Maybe I am too sensitive about it even many years later.

Please understand my point, the turnover was not forced by the defense. Therefore unforced.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I was an option QB in high school.

I have experience with the mesh. According to my coaches, if the ball hit the ground it was my fault no matter what. Maybe I am too sensitive about it even many years later.

Please understand my point, the turnover was not forced by the defense. Therefore unforced.
I get that and agree. As an option running back, sometimes I was just as guilty of causing the fumble as the QB. That was my point. Let's stop ragging on our players and cheer for our team, even when they screw up. There's way too much bitching and not enough cheering.

You know the old adage, "if you don't have something good to say..."

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
**** happens. Maybe the RB squeezed a little too hard. How many QB's fumbled last week?

I don't understand our fans. Seriously.

It was a turnover.

It was a low nap from the center that initiated it. Maybe in a year or so Sims has enough game experience to keep and run vs trying to force the play from a bad starting point. I think the center is most responsible for that fumble.