Sims Injury?

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Was there any diagnosis? Not sure if I missed it. Hope he gets healthy and keeps working to get better through the negativity.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the game and missed the injury. I just noticed Yates in the game. Anyone who watched on TV, was it to throwing arm? Look bad in replay? I didn’t really notice him on the sideline after Yates came in either, so I assume he was taken back to locker room for evaluation.

slugboy

Staff member
I was at the game and missed the injury. I just noticed Yates in the game. Anyone who watched on TV, was it to throwing arm? Look bad in replay? I didn’t really notice him on the sideline after Yates came in either, so I assume he was taken back to locker room for evaluation.
It was his left arm. He returned to the sideline with his arm in a sling

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
on tv it looked like their guy fell on his left arm when scrambling for the fumble. not able to tell if it was elbow or shoulder.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I believe it was mentioned in the presser today that Sims was back out at practice, but CGC does not talk about injuries. (Kelly asked)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The situation in some ways reminded me of the Nesbitt injury. Bad turnover/fumble then arm injury during the ensuing chaos. Far worse than a little salt in the fresh wound.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yates should start though

Listening to the coaches talk about Yates, it sounds like they see him as a gamer and capable backup. I think Sims will start if able. I would like to see more Yates, though. Hopefully he gets an opportunity.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Listening to the coaches talk about Yates, it sounds like they see him as a gamer and capable backup. I think Sims will start if able. I would like to see more Yates, though. Hopefully he gets an opportunity.

Hopefully it's after we have a 40+ point lead on KSU by the end of 3 quarters.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The situation in some ways reminded me of the Nesbitt injury. Bad turnover/fumble then arm injury during the ensuing chaos. Far worse than a little salt in the fresh wound.

That reminds me of the Nesbitt/Jaybo debates in 2008. Nesbitt had quite a few injuries, and the offense had big play potential with him running CPJ's new offense, but it didn't seem to "flow" as much as when Jaybo was the QB. Jaybo had that big game against Duke, and the debate really heated up.

I think most of us saw the potential of this offense with Nesbitt running the show...and so did CPJ. CPJ was looking at the long view of the program, while most of us just wanted a consistency. We all know it ended.

Hopefully, if Sims is the "long view" QB, he starts to put it together this weekend. Unfortunately, it seems like fans are losing patience for him as well.