Sims and Turnovers

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why you chose to respond to just that and ignore the rest.

Also, you are just wrong about not fixing any mistakes, at least when it comes to Sims. Sims went from 8 INTs in the first 3 games to 2 in the last 3. He has other issues to fix but he has addressed the INT issue to a good extent already.
I did respond to the rest, in a manner I felt was sufficient, I just didn't copy the entire post over because nobody needs to scroll for days through everyone's personal diatribe being requoted. You were heading deep into theoretical situations which required a lot of assumptions, and I'm not interested in that discussion.

Ok, Sims is throwing less interceptions. If you want to give the coaches credit for that, fine. Maybe they are responsible for his improvement, maybe he's just catching up to the speed and talent level of the college game about what he can and can't get away with.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Without any context. Are we supposed to be mind readers? I could post Sims netted -2 points and defend it (because of points per drive), but if I just said that with no context you’d be like WTH?
I wasn't aware you needed the dots connected for you, it seemed pretty obvious to me how that # was calculated - add up the points he scored us and subtract the points they scored off of his major mistakes.

Deleted member 2897

I wasn't aware you needed the dots connected for you, it seemed pretty obvious to me how that # was calculated - add up the points he scored us and subtract the points they scored off of his major mistakes.

Oh I don’t doubt that you thought it was pretty obvious to yourself. Sims didn’t give up a defensive TD, that was Mason. There were tons of defensive alignment mistakes in the ensuing plays where Boston College ended up scoring. Those drives where Sims turns the ball over also cost us a certain average points per drive. He also cost us from a couple bad decisions on drives that did not end in a turnover. Like going for a fake punt on their 29 because of a bad sack earlier. I could state that Sims accounted for 21 points, 7, -2, -10, or any number of other points in between. But without providing any context, I wouldn’t expect that you could read my mind. Well I guess technically maybe you personally could read my mind since you are one of the smartest people on this board. You probably even invented water.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I did respond to the rest, in a manner I felt was sufficient, I just didn't copy the entire post over because nobody needs to scroll for days through everyone's personal diatribe being requoted. You were heading deep into theoretical situations which required a lot of assumptions, and I'm not interested in that discussion.

If you don't want to get into analysis like that then you shouldn't start delving into the points responsible for argument. By nature it is a level of argument that requires more than just a surface level view.

Ok, Sims is throwing less interceptions. If you want to give the coaches credit for that, fine. Maybe they are responsible for his improvement, maybe he's just catching up to the speed and talent level of the college game about what he can and can't get away with.

I didn't say anything about the coaches. I said that issue was addressed. Believe it or not, players have some responsibility for their own development. But regardless of the reason, whether it is coaching, him getting adjusted to the speed of the game, or a combination of the above, the claim that we are still at square one with no mistakes fixed just isn't true.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Oh I don’t doubt that you thought it was pretty obvious to yourself. Sims didn’t give up a defensive TD, that was Mason. There were tons of defensive alignment mistakes in the ensuing plays where Boston College ended up scoring. Those drives where Sims turns the ball over also cost us a certain average points per drive. He also cost us from a couple bad decisions on drives that did not end in a turnover. Like going for a fake punt on their 29 because of a bad sack earlier. I could state that Sims accounted for 21 points, 7, -2, -10, or any number of other points in between. But without providing any context, I wouldn’t expect that you could read my mind. Well I guess technically maybe you personally could read my mind since you are one of the smartest people on this board. You probably even invented water.
Did you buy your panties pretwisted, or do you do that work yourself?

I don't understand why you are so upset about this. I gave my opinion, you acted like I was some big liar trying to make Sims look bad or something, when I asked you to clarify what I was lying about you admitted I wasn't, and you've been upset ever since. Are you drunk right now? Is it that time of the month?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I didn't say anything about the coaches. I said that issue was addressed. Believe it or not, players have some responsibility for their own development. But regardless of the reason, whether it is coaching, him getting adjusted to the speed of the game, or a combination of the above, the claim that we are still at square one with no mistakes fixed just isn't true.
I know you didn't say anything about the coaches - I did. I said the coaches haven't fixed any mistakes, and you said I was wrong about fixing mistakes, that Sims had improved his interception rate - this would lead me to believe you are arguing that the coaches helped Sims fix this mistake. You didn't mention anything about being at square one until the above quoted post, but okay we are square 1.5 since that's what your issue was with.

Deleted member 2897

Did you buy your panties pretwisted, or do you do that work yourself?

I don't understand why you are so upset about this. I gave my opinion, you acted like I was some big liar trying to make Sims look bad or something, when I asked you to clarify what I was lying about you admitted I wasn't, and you've been upset ever since. Are you drunk right now? Is it that time of the month?

I’m not mad, I’m not upset, and I never called you a liar. You said Sims netted 7 points and I said that wasn’t true. Once you explained what you meant by that, I told you I now understood. Why you’ve had a ridiculous attitude the rest of the day is beyond me. You might want to get that checked out.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I’m not mad, I’m not upset, and I never called you a liar. You said Sims netted 7 points and I said that wasn’t true. Once you explained what you meant by that, I told you I now understood. Why you’ve had a ridiculous attitude the rest of the day is beyond me. You might want to get that checked out.
lol ok. Can you show me the examples of my "ridiculous attitude" ? My last post to you is the only one with anything remotely negative in it, which was in response to your bizarre comment before that.

In addition to the quote above, here are a couple more of yours (not just towards me) from today:
You have pure troll in your blood. Look at you going again mocking me and twisting words.

But without providing any context, I wouldn’t expect that you could read my mind. Well I guess technically maybe you personally could read my mind since you are one of the smartest people on this board. You probably even invented water.
Honestly, what kind of statement is that? "You probably even invented water"?

Deleted member 2897

lol ok. Can you show me the examples of my "ridiculous attitude"

Maybe you’re just naturally a rude person and don’t realize it, but back up above you said that I called you a liar, you asked me if I bunch up my own panties, if I was drunk, you asked me if it was my time of the month, and so on. I mean, it’s all in writing from a few minutes ago, so none of this is a surprise. It’s likely that you just don’t consider any of that as bad behavior. Whatever.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you’re just naturally a rude person and don’t realize it, but back up above you said that I called you a liar, you asked me if I bunch up my own panties, you asked me if it was my time of the month, and so on. I mean, it’s all in writing from a few minutes ago, so none of this is a surprise. It’s likely that you just don’t consider any of that as bad behavior. Whatever.
Which was all one comment, which I admitted was negative, and as I said was in response to your bizarre comment about inventing water, where you were obviously upset about something. I asked you to provide other examples of my "ridiculous attitude I've had the rest of the day" but it doesn't seem like you can.

Deleted member 2897

Which was all one comment, which I admitted was negative, and as I said was in response to your bizarre comment about inventing water, where you were obviously upset about something. I asked you to provide other examples of my "ridiculous attitude I've had the rest of the day" but it doesn't seem like you can.

“Ignore those 27 things - see, you can’t cite 1 rude thing I said.”

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know about everyone here, but my reaction to seeing Sims the first series of the season was "wow, we might have a real quarterback here." The difference from what I saw last year was stark. Of course he is making freshman mistakes, but he is definitely improving. He made beautiful long TD throws Saturday when many were saying he can't throw the long ball. He hangs in the pocket really well for a freshman. He doesn't look like the moment is too big for him. Unless there is someone who gives us a better chance to win, I say keep letting Sims develop.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about everyone here, but my reaction to seeing Sims the first series of the season was "wow, we might have a real quarterback here." The difference from what I saw last year was stark. Of course he is making freshman mistakes, but he is definitely improving. He made beautiful long TD throws Saturday when many were saying he can't throw the long ball. He hangs in the pocket really well for a freshman. He doesn't look like the moment is too big for him. Unless there is someone who gives us a better chance to win, I say keep letting Sims develop.
yep, go back and look at Joe Ham's stats at first--the future is better

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Most of us saw Sims stare down a receiver blanketed in double coverage on the 10 yard line and throw him the ball anyway. A couple of things to take away from that
  1. Sims doesn’t lack for confidence at all
  2. That’s the kind of throw that Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve make/made (and where Farve threw ints and drove his coaches nuts). It’s also the kind of throw almost everyone else gets an int from.
  3. By blanketed, I mean a defender in front and a defender behind. You couldn’t miss them.
  4. He stared down his receiver the entire way. He should have realized someone else at least had single coverage if they weren’t running entirely free. He had plenty of time to check down and didn’t.
What a lot of people didn’t notice is Graham coming in and staring down a receiver in double coverage in the 4th—a similar play and similar action, but no int and no completion. I’m not sure which QB is going through progressions, but it’s not just Sims who isn’t
FWIW, Patenaude said this was pretty much Sims worst read all year. Said it was a very easy read and he went to the wrong guy. It was also right after he had taken a couple big hits and they were concerned if he was good to go still. After that bad read is when they decided he probably wasn't and needed to sit. They brought James in because of the feel of the game and they had some stuff for James that they thought would work well against BC's defense. So that explains both why Sims was pulled to start and why James came in instead of Tucker at that point.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
yep, go back and look at Joe Ham's stats at first--the future is better
You can go back and look at Reggie Ball's stats and see the opposite. Some might say it has a lot to do with the offensive coordinator. Joe got a new one in his second year that was pretty good.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
You can go back and look at Reggie Ball's stats and see the opposite. Some might say it has a lot to do with the offensive coordinator. Joe got a new one in his second year that was pretty good.
I'll give you half credit. It was Joe's 2nd year playing, but his 3rd year on the team (R-So).