Shovel Pass

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Watching the Jets vs Bills game and the Jets have ran a few shovel passes, none of them to amount to much though. I was wondering has anyone ever seen CPJ run one out of our offense? I don't ever recall seeing it but it seems as if it would be a good change up and if it doesn't work out it would just be an incomplete pass.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching the Jets vs Bills game and the Jets have ran a few shovel passes, none of them to amount to much though. I was wondering has anyone ever seen CPJ run one out of our offense? I don't ever recall seeing it but it seems as if it would be a good change up and if it doesn't work out it would just be an incomplete pass.
Yes he has run it several times with Hawaii and in the 2008 spring game. I have not seen it in an actual game at GT though. As I believe Stylee said its a high cost play for this offense. I think it was discussed on here some time ago. It's with a half roll with the back side a back getting and cutting inside the tackle. He has it somewhere in his head but I don't know if we will ever see it in a game. I hope this helps

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I usually don't get in these hypothetical play calling discussions, but I've wondered about the occasional jet sweep with the motioning AB when he starts in the slot. Our rocket toss is typically what we do to get to the perimeter quickly, but a jet sweep where that motioning AB goes in more of a straight line directly behind the QB, who takes the snap and wheels quickly for the handoff might be a nice change up. Timing would be tough maybe, since we're under center, but intriguing nevertheless.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Without a TE in this offense, I think we need something to slow down the LB's.

This would seem to be a good change up, even if it didn't work for big yardage to get them thinking about it.

In the defensive schemes against us where the LB's are just bringing it at the snap, we need a play to take advantage of the vacated space.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Kyle Suckahan and the falcons always run that play including other awful screen plays.....psssss Julio had 2 targets in the first half which should never happen

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We ran one in a spring game one year that I attended, which has been a few years ago. Which means it is in the playbook somewhere.
Found a video of it at 1:58 of these highlights from 2009 game.