Should Hall Retire? (Poll)

Should Hall retire?

• Yes, when he is ready.

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Yes, he should be retired at the end of the season.

Votes: 91 73.4%
  • No, he should be fired.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • No, baseball at GT doesn't matter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not as long as he has the support of past MLB players who contribute a lot.

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If I’m the Batt-man on Wednesday, I call the manager in to my office. You hire a new pitching coach or get ready for a retirement party in your honor.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
If I’m the Batt-man on Wednesday, I call the manager in to my office. You hire a new pitching coach or get ready for a retirement party in your honor.
How about, you can retire and we will pay you a years salary or you can have a farewell tour next year, but one way or the other, you will be gone after next year.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
How about, you can retire and we will pay you a years salary or you can have a farewell tour next year, but one way or the other, you will be gone after next year.
Uggh. Another year of this crap.

I hope Batt calls Hall into his office and tells him that he is retired, but it is up to Hall as to who makes the announcement.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Now that most of us have weighed in on what we would do if the decision were ours, I wonder if we have any predictions as to what J Batt will do. Anyone care to take a guess?

I don't have a good feel at all, but if forced to predict I will say that DBo will be let go and that the rest of the staff will be back next season.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Now that most of us have weighed in on what we would do if the decision were ours, I wonder if we have any predictions as to what J Batt will do. Anyone care to take a guess?

I don't have a good feel at all, but if forced to predict I will say that DBo will be let go and that the rest of the staff will be back next season.
J Batt does not seem like someone who would do so little in this situation.

Killerbees🐝

Georgia Tech Fan
We are going to have a very young team next year unless we blow up the portal. But a very talented young team. It would appear Hall does not like to develop younger talent early, that’s pretty apparent backed by his comment that he doesn’t like to play freshman unless forced by injuries, etc. My vote is for Ramsey as he seems to fit that development/winning mold. With that, he needs to do a better job recruiting offense & defensive minded kids. We don’t need another team full of designated hitters. To his defense the freshman and sophomore’s in this years team seemed to be better defensively than what we have, at least from what we got to see of them. Last, we need to find some gems in the pitching portal and blow up what we are doing now. It will be interesting to see who stays, who goes and who comes in.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This poll was created on April 16th. It’s now May 23rd. Our RPI was actually worse then (https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2023/team-rank?team=Georgia-Tech), but I think many people thought we’d get our act together and finish strong.

We didn’t finish strong. We stayed about the same.

I think a few more fans would vote for a change if they voted again now.

=================
By the way, I liked GTNavyNuke’s chart of recruiting rankings vs RPI. When you boil something down to one dimension, it oversimplifies things. We have done great at hitting, but ERA and defense have been problems. Recruiting rankings don’t tell you where you aren’t covered.

(I’m not a fan of recruiting formulas)

Thanks. Oversimplifying is one of my strengths. Just ask @FredJacket ,)

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
We are going to have a very young team next year unless we blow up the portal. But a very talented young team. It would appear Hall does not like to develop younger talent early, that’s pretty apparent backed by his comment that he doesn’t like to play freshman unless forced by injuries, etc. My vote is for Ramsey as he seems to fit that development/winning mold. With that, he needs to do a better job recruiting offense & defensive minded kids. We don’t need another team full of designated hitters. To his defense the freshman and sophomore’s in this years team seemed to be better defensively than what we have, at least from what we got to see of them. Last, we need to find some gems in the pitching portal and blow up what we are doing now. It will be interesting to see who stays, who goes and who comes in.
I was just thinking about that. There is a good chance that Minnick and Romano are the only guys with experience coming back. The entire OF is gone, and if you look at who was honored at SR day, the entire IF is gone too. Campbell is the wildcard, I guess it would depend on where he is drafted.