Shaquille Mason

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If ESPN writes a piece about how Boston has bad winter weather, a veritable legion of New Englanders is up in arms.
So at the risk of sounding like I just want to argue (believe it or not, I don't) this is really counter to my experience. I doubt I have met more than one New Englander out of 100 who doesn't say, "Winters suck here." My wife and I even have an inside joke whenever someone finds out that we were from Georgia. There response is always along the line of, "It must be beautiful there." My wife and I have concluded that most New Englanders think every place has the same good health care, good wages, education and standard of living that they have except with much better weather. It is really funny.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
So at the risk of sounding like I just want to argue (believe it or not, I don't) this is really counter to my experience. I doubt I have met more than one New Englander out of 100 who doesn't say, "Winters suck here." My wife and I even have an inside joke whenever someone finds out that we were from Georgia. There response is always along the line of, "It must be beautiful there." My wife and I have concluded that most New Englanders think every place has the same good health care, good wages, education and standard of living that they have except with much better weather. It is really funny.

It's a function probably of the stronger sense of community in areas that are homogenous and small like that. Nonetheless, as I am not a part of that community, it just looks unduly clannish to me.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I mean the kind of sense that there was always something funny going on; the email thing with Hilary is just another part of the glad-handed politician schtick. I actually don't think ill of Bill, it's just he's certainly not Mr. Smith goes to Washington.
Please, no more political posts. it is about football, specifically GT football. Don't color a good message board with political assaults. Nobody cares. Back to football, please.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
I may be misremembering the relationship, but I think Belichick's Dad had some kind of relationship with CPJ, that's how the two know each other. I do think there is a mutual respect thing too.

The connection is the USNA, it's where Bill grew up and learned football. Bill Belichick's father was a coach at Navy for 34 years, but there was no overlap with CPJ. Belichick's father retired in 1989 and CPJ's first stint at Navy started in 1995.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...his-youth-and-how-it-influenced-his-coaching/