Settle the F down

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Whoa... reading some of these boards after last nights game, you would think our program is an absolute dumpster fire. Some of ya'll (yes ya'll) need to settle the F down.

1) We were playing the number 1 team in the country, who beat Bama by 4 TD's in the natty. They brought back every major skill position player... We just started the transition away from the TO. Just think about that for a moment...

2) We had around 9 months to recruit, implement and scheme a new defense and a new offensive system. The players bought in (more on that below), but it will take time.

3) There is talent, not on the level of Clemson, but outside of Alabama, I don't think there is another team that is even close to Clemson. I was encouraged by the team. They fought hard, even when they were down. Tre is a baller, Tobias can run the ball, and Graham looked the most poised in the pocket. We will be fine, and will win more than 3-4 games. I am confident of this after watching that game.

4) What we do need to do is clean up the mistakes (fumbles, muffed punt), and start to expand the offense. We do that and this team will be very good by the end of the year.

5) The most obvious thing I saw was the body language of the team. They never got down, they were encouraging one another, and they never gave up. I love this, and think this is the most important thing of a team, and one of the greatest predictors of future success. I expect that the team is ready to get up and start working on the things we need to fix. The players believe and have bought in.

I am looking forward to playing out this season, I think we will surprise a lot of teams not named Clemson.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Bingo,
If anyone remembers Dabos first season or even Kirby Smarts first season for UGA they were not spectacular either. It takes time, we have a young team that is very option heavy. We don't even have a proper QB yet for this style offense. We got really lucky the first year with cpj but that was because no one knew how to defend is special offense .
We need to give it time, if we came out the same way against a cup cake team I would be worried.
The best part last night was not seeing coach Collins cursing the kids out, they never got down. Even Oliver after his bad start

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Bingo,
If anyone remembers Dabos first season or even Kirby Smarts first season for UGA they were not spectacular either. It takes time, we have a young team that is very option heavy. We don't even have a proper QB yet for this style offense. We got really lucky the first year with cpj but that was because no one knew how to defend is special offense .
We need to give it time, if we came out the same way against a cup cake team I would be worried.
The best part last night was not seeing coach Collins cursing the kids out, they never got down. Even Oliver after his bad start

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Dabo 9-5 Kirby 8-5 I'll take that right now

Deleted member 2897

I am more optimistic about this team than I was before the game. I didn’t understand our QB selection, but maybe CGC saw LJ nerves in practice like we saw in the game. Glad Graham got meaningful snaps - he looked calm and comfortable.

A couple bad gaffes and calls less and it’s a 38-21 game.

Clemson made us look like Alabama or Ohio State last night.

Trevor Lawrence had 47 yards passing, 0 TDS, and 1 INT at halftime. Let that sink in.

He hit a 62 yard bomb to Higgins (who pushed off) early in the second half, which is the only thing who saved him from miserable stats. He finished with 13 completions, 168 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT. You will never see anything close to that from him the rest of the season.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Whoa... reading some of these boards after last nights game, you would think our program is an absolute dumpster fire. Some of ya'll (yes ya'll) need to settle the F down.

1) We were playing the number 1 team in the country, who beat Bama by 4 TD's in the natty. They brought back every major skill position player... We just started the transition away from the TO. Just think about that for a moment...

2) We had around 9 months to recruit, implement and scheme a new defense and a new offensive system. The players bought in (more on that below), but it will take time.

3) There is talent, not on the level of Clemson, but outside of Alabama, I don't think there is another team that is even close to Clemson. I was encouraged by the team. They fought hard, even when they were down. Tre is a baller, Tobias can run the ball, and Graham looked the most poised in the pocket. We will be fine, and will win more than 3-4 games. I am confident of this after watching that game.

4) What we do need to do is clean up the mistakes (fumbles, muffed punt), and start to expand the offense. We do that and this team will be very good by the end of the year.

5) The most obvious thing I saw was the body language of the team. They never got down, they were encouraging one another, and they never gave up. I love this, and think this is the most important thing of a team, and one of the greatest predictors of future success. I expect that the team is ready to get up and start working on the things we need to fix. The players believe and have bought in.

I am looking forward to playing out this season, I think we will surprise a lot of teams not named Clemson.
Very well said. Agree 100%.

BufordBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
CGC called out the tackling in the post game presser and that was what really stood out to me. We were a far better tackling team last night with a number of single player takedowns (especially in the first half) and that is definitely something to build on. I am cautiously optimistic that we'll clean up some miscues and have a different result next Saturday. Go Jackets!

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we looked very good on the defensive side of the ball. It is amazing the turn around, when the kids are actually practicing against the offense they will see all summer long!!!
I will say we need someone to step up and win the QB job. I think we can all agree that Graham looked the best in the throwing game, but was that because he was playing against Clemson's 3's?
The game could have been, and should have been a lot closer going into half. We spotted them 14 points with the muffed punt, and fumble inside our own 20. Not being able to capitalize off turnovers never helps, but again....they are the number 1 team AND defending national champions for a reason. I think we will have a much better gauge on the offense by 3:12 pm on 9/7.

One thing I did find humorous, was that when we finally did get into the endzone it was via the option....I guess old habits dies hard.

Deleted member 2897

I think we looked very good on the defensive side of the ball. It is amazing the turn around, when the kids are actually practicing against the offense they will see all summer long!!!
I will say we need someone to step up and win the QB job. I think we can all agree that Graham looked the best in the throwing game, but was that because he was playing against Clemson's 3's?
The game could have been, and should have been a lot closer going into half. We spotted them 14 points with the muffed punt, and fumble inside our own 20. Not being able to capitalize off turnovers never helps, but again....they are the number 1 team AND defending national champions for a reason. I think we will have a much better gauge on the offense by 3:12 pm on 9/7.

One thing I did find humorous, was that when we finally did get into the endzone it was via the option....I guess old habits dies hard.

Don’t forget Clemson’s 2nd and 3rd strings are still 4-stars. Seriously - in Trevor Lawrence’s class for example there were only 5 guys who weren’t 4 or 5 stars. Lyn J-Dixon for example is their like 4th RB and he was a 4-star. Their #4 and #5 WRs are both 5-stars.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

Glad we have 18-21 year olds on the team with more character and maturity than some of our “fans”, who curl up in a fetal position scared of what their Uga coworker is going to say to them.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm 270 don't really want to grow any more. And I'm retired so I don't have to worry about co-workers saying anything. ( But when I did work I was a VP and the first person that said anything I just fired him the rest didn't say anything )
The D will be fine , and Offense I still worry about and hope like hell we beat South Florida next week or it could be a long season. Beat them and the team starts to get some confidence and we could get to 7 wins. Lose and well there is always Citadel.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don’t understand what people are upset about. We were playing the defending champs at home, for our coaches first game. Even if CPJ was still the coach we would still lost by 21+ points! They owned our defensive line and We couldn’t stop the run to save our lives!

Regardless, that game will be very different next year!

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

Post of the Year. Agreed on all fronts. See y'all at the USF game.