Settle the F down

Deleted member 2897

I am about the defense this could turn into a very good defense if the offense don't go 3 and out too many times in a game.

I don’t think TO is the best throwing QB, but against other defenses he could be the best QB overall - and we can win a lot of games with him in there. Ohio State was shut out against Clemson a couple years ago. Alabama scored what - 16?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Whoa... reading some of these boards after last nights game, you would think our program is an absolute dumpster fire. Some of ya'll (yes ya'll) need to settle the F down.

1) We were playing the number 1 team in the country, who beat Bama by 4 TD's in the natty. They brought back every major skill position player... We just started the transition away from the TO. Just think about that for a moment...

2) We had around 9 months to recruit, implement and scheme a new defense and a new offensive system. The players bought in (more on that below), but it will take time.

3) There is talent, not on the level of Clemson, but outside of Alabama, I don't think there is another team that is even close to Clemson. I was encouraged by the team. They fought hard, even when they were down. Tre is a baller, Tobias can run the ball, and Graham looked the most poised in the pocket. We will be fine, and will win more than 3-4 games. I am confident of this after watching that game.

4) What we do need to do is clean up the mistakes (fumbles, muffed punt), and start to expand the offense. We do that and this team will be very good by the end of the year.

5) The most obvious thing I saw was the body language of the team. They never got down, they were encouraging one another, and they never gave up. I love this, and think this is the most important thing of a team, and one of the greatest predictors of future success. I expect that the team is ready to get up and start working on the things we need to fix. The players believe and have bought in.

I am looking forward to playing out this season, I think we will surprise a lot of teams not named Clemson.
First he has to settle on a QB, and that will show his offense, and if Tobias is it -- and I am not much of a Tobias fan -- then we saw the offense. My take from GT's view last night was this team had no identify and was woefully undersized to take on Clemson. From Clemson's view, I think they were really fortunate not to open against Texas A&M. Dabo won't say it, but they were ripe for the taking, and they might not be again this season.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
I generally stay away from boards after a game. I'm shocked at some of the reactions on this board. What the hell did they expect lol?

We have some seriously delusional fans. Nobody wants to lose 50 something to 14. However, given the circumstances and who we played, I'm fine w it. Now if this happens in 2021, I'll be less than understanding.

By the time Clemson wins the 2020 playoff IN January, this loss wont look nearly as bad.

Be rational, people. For the love of God.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep.....I had no expectations but had some fears of what I may see. There were no surprises. I think people really wanted to believe that there wouldn't be as much of a rebuild as there is going to be. Last night and this morning reality set in.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
RALLY! I have no use for naysayers, skeptics or cowards because they are useless. These guys are going to get better, the least we can do is have the players and the coaches backs. I've been a Tech Fan for 59 years I've seen some hard days, but they've always been followed by glorious days. It's the same with Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame, and on, and on. Tech has beaten all those teams and will again. We fans have a part to play so let's do our part and 'cowboy up'!

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
Whoa... reading some of these boards after last nights game, you would think our program is an absolute dumpster fire. Some of ya'll (yes ya'll) need to settle the F down.

1) We were playing the number 1 team in the country, who beat Bama by 4 TD's in the natty. They brought back every major skill position player... We just started the transition away from the TO. Just think about that for a moment...

2) We had around 9 months to recruit, implement and scheme a new defense and a new offensive system. The players bought in (more on that below), but it will take time.

3) There is talent, not on the level of Clemson, but outside of Alabama, I don't think there is another team that is even close to Clemson. I was encouraged by the team. They fought hard, even when they were down. Tre is a baller, Tobias can run the ball, and Graham looked the most poised in the pocket. We will be fine, and will win more than 3-4 games. I am confident of this after watching that game.

4) What we do need to do is clean up the mistakes (fumbles, muffed punt), and start to expand the offense. We do that and this team will be very good by the end of the year.

5) The most obvious thing I saw was the body language of the team. They never got down, they were encouraging one another, and they never gave up. I love this, and think this is the most important thing of a team, and one of the greatest predictors of future success. I expect that the team is ready to get up and start working on the things we need to fix. The players believe and have bought in.

I am looking forward to playing out this season, I think we will surprise a lot of teams not named Clemson.

Thank yo!!!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I generally stay away from boards after a game. I'm shocked at some of the reactions on this board. What the hell did they expect lol?

We have some seriously delusional fans. Nobody wants to lose 50 something to 14. However, given the circumstances and who we played, I'm fine w it. Now if this happens in 2021, I'll be less than understanding.

By the time Clemson wins the 2020 playoff IN January, this loss wont look nearly as bad.

Be rational, people. For the love of God.

haha, good luck trying to get people to be rational.

Deleted member 2897

300 yards of offense, significantly eclipses the last 4 years. I looked up 2014, when we won 11 games and were 13 total points from being undefeated...350 yards of offense - and that was when Watson got hurt in the 1st quarter and they basically didn't have a QB that game. We had the ball most of the game in 2014 and that's all we could muster.

Our secondary was rated #14 in the ACC by the stupid dumbass sports media. Where are they at? 4 takeaways. Trevor Lawrence had 47 yards passing, 2 INTs and 0 TDs at half. Finished with 13 completions and 168 yards. The unsubstantiated disrespect is real.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
300 yards of offense, significantly eclipses the last 4 years. I looked up 2014, when we won 11 games and were 13 total points from being undefeated...350 yards of offense - and that was when Watson got hurt in the 1st quarter and they basically didn't have a QB that game. We had the ball most of the game in 2014 and that's all we could muster.

Our secondary was rated #14 in the ACC by the stupid dumbass sports media. Where are they at? 4 takeaways. Trevor Lawrence had 47 yards passing, 2 INTs and 0 TDs at half. Finished with 13 completions and 168 yards. The unsubstantiated disrespect is real.

I agree with your overall point but he did have a 60 yard td pass in the 1st half.

Deleted member 2897

I loved that our CB's were playing close, personally I don't like the 10 yard cushion defense

There was 1 play in particular, that as soon as the video of the game is uploaded I will screen capture. It was either a 3rd and short or a 4th and short, where Lawrence got the 1st down on a scramble. But we had literally everybody up right on top of the line of scrimmage. It was the most anti-Georgia Tech defense thing I can ever remember, and I loved it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I saw some things that were positive last night. I think the D will be ridiculous in another year or two.
I find it pretty easy to take last night’s game and think in a few years this D may be ferocious.

Not so much for the offense. Not so much for the special teams.

It was just game #1 under the new regime against an elite opponent. Now the next 3 weeks we should get a better bead on the trajectory.

I have to say I was pretty disappointed not at the offensive production, nor the execution of individual plays or our perception of the player’s talent levels, but more the fact that it wasn’t the type of offense I believed we were going to run. Last night’s game did little to show what we would or could be doing differently than before despite all the proclamations. Maybe next week we’ll see the change.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don’t understand what people are upset about. We were playing the defending champs at home, for our coaches first game. Even if CPJ was still the coach we would still lost by 21+ points! They owned our defensive line and We couldn’t stop the run to save our lives!

Regardless, that game will be very different next year!

i think people are talking about this because the lack of even trying to pass was a huge surprise. I'm not saying anything more about the game than that. We all, for the most part, thought we were going to see a spread offense. To me that means a passing offense. And I'm far from mad, I think we will be 5-1 after 6 BUT I'm bewildered that we didn't even try to pass. All the arguing about the O line is fine but TO ran the ball 20 times, 15 of them were designed runs and CGC said as much when he said they planned on running he ball with TO. Even the players confirmed the game plan. Mason said they felt they could run on them, TO said they planned on running the QB. They never intended on throwing even WHEN THERE WERE 8 IN THE BOX

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
One of the main reasons for the whining on here is because some of you can’t deal with what Bob the Clemson or Uga fan at work is going to say to you.

Grow a spine. We have 18-21 year olds on the team with more character and resolve than some of you.

I dont give a Da*n what any Georgia fan thinks.