Senior Night for MGH

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
(I'd also gladly take MGH getting post-season play and BG removed anyway)

Honestly I think that's what should happen. But I do hope we make the NIT at least. However, it SHOULD NOT be a job-saver. Under any circumstance.
As someone who believes that Paul Hewitt should've been fired after Derrick Favors' year, I agree. That said, I'll accept whatever comes as a result, if it means MGH sees the post-season.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
why is it 16 dollars for a 2 o clock game......don't they know some people are on a college budget. There goes my dinner for the night

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are people thinking MGH has a chance at getting drafted?
He's a very good college player. He should have substantial opportunity to play professionally. He doesn't have 1-3 skills at an elite level, which is what the NBA typically looks for.

Is there a slim possibility he gets drafted? I guess it's possible. I just think it's highly highly unlikely.

Doesn't mean anything to this conversation though, because he's earned us packing the house for his last home game.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
He's a very good college player. He should have substantial opportunity to play professionally. He doesn't have 1-3 skills at an elite level, which is what the NBA typically looks for.

Is there a slim possibility he gets drafted? I guess it's possible. I just think it's highly highly unlikely.

Doesn't mean anything to this conversation though, because he's earned us packing the house for his last home game.
Deffinetly could be drafted somewhere in the second round. Could be a solid piece coming off the bench for a team. I think he'll stick.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I would be very, very surprised if MGH gets drafted.

At his height he has to play the 2, and he doesn't have any dominant skill for the position that translates to the NBA level. Maybe someone drafts him knowing he's going to the D-League given his constant improvement the last 4 years, but he will not be on an NBA roster next year.

I dislike being a downer on a player that doesn't deserve negative energy, but I don't see it.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I would be very, very surprised if MGH gets drafted.

At his height he has to play the 2, and he doesn't have any dominant skill for the position that translates to the NBA level. Maybe someone drafts him knowing he's going to the D-League given his constant improvement the last 4 years, but he will not be on an NBA roster next year.

I dislike being a downer on a player that doesn't deserve negative energy, but I don't see it.

I thought he had no chance, but if he keeps playing like this, then I think things change. Wouldn't surprise me at all for a team to give him a chance in the D-league, but that would more likely be done as an undrafted free agent, versus a late 2nd rd pick

Techster

Helluva Engineer
MGH will get an opportunity with an NBA team. Summer League to see what he can do. Consistency isn't there to see him get drafted.

At the very least, he'll have a career overseas if he wants one.

He has flashes where he's the best player on the floor...gets to the basket at will (when he decides to impose himself), very good defender, very good athleticism. OK shooter...not great. The last few games shows you the kind of potential we've all been waiting to see. If he would have carried that form all season, not hard to see him get drafted.

He really reminds me of Iman Shumpert...especially lately since he's been tasked to play some PG. Iman wasn't the best shooter at GT, and was bit of a ball hog who made some questionable decisions with the ball, but he great athleticism, and was considered one of the best defenders in college basketball. I thought the Knicks reached when they drafted him in the 1st round, but he's been a solid pro in the NBA.

Maybe MGH gets into camp and pulls a Mario West. Who saw that one coming?