Secondary

Milwaukee

Banned
I watched Derrik Allen (red shirt soph transfer from ND) at Lassister High School for three years. Derrik played CB at Lassister, but he is really a hard hitting safety with good cover skills. I can see him really getting after the QB in blitz packages and is the perfect athlete for special teams. He is a similar all around athlete like Jerry Howard, but with more speed.

Allen is the person I’m most excited about on D. Buddy of mine coached him in HS says he’s the real deal.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
That's awesome to hear about Allen. Wasn't sure how good a fit he would be. Thomas move to those spots makes me think Collins is still searching for CB#2. Personally I love Tre and don't think he trailed off. He's aggressive and that's what he needs to be. Watching Okudah leading up to the draft made me realize how much better a man coverage corner can be, but that dude is insanely good and shouldn't be an expectation for Tre. Merely a model that Collins is shooting for.

Jmonty71

Banned
I always said your DBs are as good as your front 4. Depending on the defense, front 3. If a DB has to cover a WR for an entirety, because of no pressure, they typically will fail. Even the worse DB looks good, when the other QB is running for his life. I'm proof of that. I picked Charlie Ward off twice, in high school. I wasn't the best CB, nor the fastest, nor the tallest. But, our front 4 and LBs were beasts. Ward just through the ball up. I looked like a hero, but in all honestly, I had zero credit for those INTs.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
LOL! Top 25 CB's. There are 14 teams (2 CB/team) so 28 starting CB's in the league. Why not just rank the starting CB's?

VT has 3, NCST and BC have 1, WF has 0.

They list Meiko Dotson (yes, that Meiko Dotson) as Miami, but he's FSU bound, so everyone else has 2.