Secondary talent

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
What is our problem with our present secondary players, speed/athleticism or physicality? I had gathered it was speed/athleticism.
Both. Guys get passes completed right over their shoulders because they aren't physical enough too. Better to take a shot at a PI than give up a deep completion.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I remember CGC bringing in some guys early, CB transfer from MI, safety from ND, kid from Jax FL and Kenan Johnson. None of those guys are working out? Is that the case?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I see our LBs covering receivers 25/30 yds down the field from the original line of scrimmage, is it supposed to be that way? Something about that does not seem right to me. But I don't know a lot about how it is all supposed to look in todays FB.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember CGC bringing in some guys early, CB transfer from MI, safety from ND, kid from Jax FL and Kenan Johnson. None of those guys are working out? Is that the case?
They're getting snaps, but the old guard is still getting the majority of snaps.

Boren5034

Georgia Tech Fan
Our secondary issues aren't talent related. It's coaching. Players are making the same mistakes schematically over and over and it's not getting corrected. Now, I don't know if it's Burton or Thacker, but one hasn't gotten the job done. I love CGC, but now we will see if he can earn his money by evaluating the coaching deficiencies and making the hard choice by moving on from someone who can't get the job done.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our secondary issues aren't talent related. It's coaching. Players are making the same mistakes schematically over and over and it's not getting corrected. Now, I don't know if it's Burton or Thacker, but one hasn't gotten the job done. I love CGC, but now we will see if he can earn his money by evaluating the coaching deficiencies and making the hard choice by moving on from someone who can't get the job done.
From what I've seen today, I would say we're running too long in the same place.

MAT 2005

Georgia Tech Fan
To me it looks like we play way to much man coverage and we don’t have a consistent pass rush to force quick passes. I don’t know if the coaches are to stubborn to call cover 3 or cover 2 but we get torched every game because we only play man.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Several of our opponents fans that are fiends have told me over the last couple years we look extremely slow to them and they watch their teams against most all their opponents, don't know if this is right but is noteworthy to me only because it has been said by multiple opponent fans in separate conversations.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Several of our opponents fans that are fiends have told me over the last couple years we look extremely slow to them and they watch their teams against most all their opponents, don't know if this is right but is noteworthy to me only because it has been said by multiple opponent fans in separate conversations.
We know for a fact that our starting safeties have gotten too bulked up and lost speed, has that carried over to the corners as well?