SEC Network replay official from our game was a UGA grad/fan

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone took a panorama photo of the stadium and the big R on glass stands for replay. The guy with a G is one of the replay officials and when you click his name his job description is "instant replay technician at Southeastern Conference. Assuming it's legit, how dumb is it of SEC to let people with ties to school work a game, but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 573

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow, I guess that is why the so-call fumble on the goal line wasn't overturned or the forward pass was called a fumble. at most it should have been intentional grounding that wasn't called.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
That G looks like it was placed there after the photo was taken. The G is perfectly level with the photo. The G lacks perspective (it is flat, not angled like the glass).

Not saying that they do/don't have uGA ties... I'm saying the picture is an obvious fake.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is that the Replay Official HAD to be ACC since there were SEC refs (that was the agreement), just like next season, when UGA plays in Atlanta, and we have ACC refs, there will be an SEC ref in the booth.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sorry but - as a guy who uses photoshop at work - this is not legit.

The refs were definitely crooked and I hope DeAndre's injury haunts them forever, but that "g" is photoshopped.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
That G looks like it was placed there after the photo was taken. The G is perfectly level with the photo. The G lacks perspective (it is flat, not angled like the glass).

Not saying that they do/don't have uGA ties... I'm saying the picture is an obvious fake.

Think you're correct.

See that @crl85 beat me to that comment...

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The original picture is located here.

The mis-colored Green Bay "G" is placed on the photo as a way to tag yourself. The only choices for this photo are that Green Bay "G" or an Enterprise Rental (sponsor of the pic) symbol.

The tag in the OP's pic give the name of a guy and his facebook link. He is an admitted mutt (wearing UGAg stuff in his profile pics). I don't put my face in a book so I may not be able to see his employment info.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I was able to get to his FB page. As ClydeBrick noted, the "G" is put there because the person sitting there (Tim Smith) tagged himself. His description says "Information Technology at Georgia Regents University, Audio Technician at University of Georgia Athletic Association, and Instant Replay Technician at Southeastern Conference (good English). If you look at his facebook page, you can tell he is a Dwag fan.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
The replay officials for the game were ACC. Given this guy's other job descriptions he was probably doing audio work for the UGA AA, not replay. Also, "replay technician" is probably more like "sets up the monitors and audio system", not "looks at video and makes calls" since that job would be more appropriately called "instant replay official".

The only bad call in the game was the "fumble" near the goal line. There hasn't been a single official asked about the pump fake that said they wouldn't have called a fumble.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I assumed that part of this fellow's job is to provide the angles available to the replay officials (who I'm not sure are in fact ACC). That would have an impact on how the replay is handled.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
The only bad call in the game was the "fumble" near the goal line. There hasn't been a single official asked about the pump fake that said they wouldn't have called a fumble.
Can you rephrase this without a double negative? This doesn't make sense as written.